MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great list (although you forgot the Mets):

METSWHT.jpg

I think it makes his point, though. While common in the first half of the 20th century, white caps have been very rare in the last 30 years, and the few times a white cap has been tried they've been quickly abandoned.

Don't remember the 1990s Yankees' Spring Training coaches' cap - does anyone have a pic?

I could've sworn their snow white caps had a blue NY outlined in orange, not the reversal shown in that pic.

Correct pic:

gilkey.jpg

I say BRING BACK THE WHITE METS CAPS!!!

There's only one color the Mets caps should be and it ain't black OR white. Yeeesh, those all-white hats, big-head inducing. And never after labor day (so postseason is out).

I was hoping they would go back to their old road uniforms without the cuffs or the white trim. Just plain blue "NEW YORK" and numbers.
Um, yeah...because BORING is good. So very, very good.

Even after buying every available free agent pitcher on the market this offseason, they'll still be able to afford that 2nd layer of twill on the road jerseys. Hell, maybe one day, they'll really splurge, and put NAMES ON THE BACK of the road jerseys.

Oh, wait. They're the Yankee$, and we're all supposed to have their 40-man roster memorized.

My bad.

Some day, you're just going to have to get over it.

Cut tpoh59 some slack. How well would you handle it if your team relocated and then won 26 World Series titles?

;)

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

Gosh, I don't know.

I would think getting a new team that won three World Championships (and has a great logo and uniform history to boot), would be enough to make somebody else's pain a little less difficult for him to bear. :P

Plus, they finally got their city put on their away jerseys, so they really have nothing to complain about anymore...

... except for maybe Jeffrey Maier.

I was hoping they would go back to their old road uniforms without the cuffs or the white trim. Just plain blue "NEW YORK" and numbers.

Even after buying every available free agent pitcher on the market this offseason, they'll still be able to afford that 2nd layer of twill on the road jerseys. Hell, maybe one day, they'll really splurge, and put NAMES ON THE BACK of the road jerseys.

Oh, wait. They're the Yankee$, and we're all supposed to have their 40-man roster memorized.

My bad.

Some day, you're just going to have to get over it.

Cut tpoh59 some slack. How well would you handle it if your team relocated and then PURCHASED 26 World Series titles?

;)

Fixed that for ya.

Gosh, I don't know.

I would think getting a new team that won three World Championships (and has a great logo and uniform history to boot), would be enough to make somebody else's pain a little less difficult for him to bear. :P

A nice past is...a nice past. I'll have a nice present a whole lot sooner if MLB will fix their absurd and archaic (unless you live in three MLB cities) revenue sharing rules.

Gosh, I don't know.

Plus, they finally got their city put on their away jerseys, so they really have nothing to complain about anymore...

... except for maybe Jeffrey Maier.

As I've said earlier in this thread:

I like the new trim on the Orioles uniforms. Glad they didn't go for some lame custom number font. I'm OK with the patch. But I'm hoping that "Baltimore" script gets fixed...soon. Absolutely hate the way it goes from huge to tiny. And the split "t" looks terrible.

Gosh, I don't know.

A nice past is...a nice past. I'll have a nice present a whole lot sooner if MLB will fix their absurd and archaic (unless you live in three MLB cities) revenue sharing rules.

So you spend as much energy whinging about Boston, then? :P

I feel for you, man. But the fact is that your owner sucks. Plenty of smaller-market teams do just fine under this structure (when my Brewers are in the thick of things for two seasons in a row, the whole "small markets can't complete" thing seems hardly credible).

If your owner was actually interested in winning, the Orioles would have a pretty decent chance on the field. Kindly keep the blame where it's due.

Gosh, I don't know.

Yawwwwn... (sleepz)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My bad.

al_1972_newyork.gif

No, I like this better. The white trim looks too '70s.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My bad.

al_1972_newyork.gif

Absolutely. I really liked what the Dodgers did recently with losing the white outline and making the home and road unis match.

dodgers_phillies_baseball_1_400.jpg

That would be interesting. I see them going to the home version of this, since these are what they opened the Metrodome with:

PAAAAAIABEFEPOCMt.jpg

Yeah that was what I was thinking and I was also wondering if they are thinking about going to the white pants if they wear these, like the Royals, or if they will stick with the blue pants like the Blue Jays.

This wouldn't exactly be a new retro for the Twins. They've worn the powder blues several times over the last few years, which is why you can find Morneau and Mauer versions of them pop up on eBay. I remember this, because they looked unnaturally baggy on some players, Torii Hunter in particular, if I recall this correctly.

I'm not sure if they've worn the white version of the double-knit era jerseys, though.

I don't think the team has ever worn throwbacks of their 1960s pinstriped uniforms though. That would be novel, but maybe more appropriate for the return of outdoor baseball.

Minnesota Twins uniform to commemorate first season in Dome

Uniform to mark first season in Dome

From news services

Updated: 11/20/2008 10:49:47 PM CST

The Twins will turn back the clock for their final season in the Metrodome.

On home Saturdays next season, the Twins will wear throwback uniforms from 1982, their first season in the Dome. First baseman Justin Morneau and pitcher Glen Perkins will be at the IDS Center in downtown Minneapolis at noon Monday to model the uniforms.

The Twins also announced that they will wear a final-season commemorative patch on their regular jerseys. They will move into Target Field for the 2010 season.

images.jpg

My bad.

al_1972_newyork.gif

Absolutely. I really liked what the Dodgers did recently with losing the white outline and making the home and road unis match.

dodgers_phillies_baseball_1_400.jpg

I don't like the Dodgers current roads (part of it is the LA patch), and I love the current Yankees road. To me, those old style jerseys look so much worse on modern fabric. I wish they would create sort of a heather gray, or some kind of slightly darker, not solid color gray that will mimic the look of the wool jerseys. Seeing the Orioles road enforced it for me. It just doesn't look right. The wordmark is improved, but it just doesn't look at good as the late 60's road. I think single color numbers on the light gray jerseys of today look bad.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Other than on a patch, has the team name ever appeared on the Yanks' jersey?

From 1927 - 1930

al_1927_newyork.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the yankees should have a home uni with "yankees" script. new stadium, new unis...they need to stop holding on to the past so much and try looking into the future and present times and make a new history. im going to get flammed for this for sure. i tried making a jersey with it but i failed ultimatley but i think it would look good as a jersey. i also feel that every jersey should have players names on them, the back looks so empty without them and i make reference to when your on a school team....you dont have a name, you just have number assigned to you for the season and the its done, like you dont have importance, your just there for a short time, if you know what im saying?

Mets, Jets, Islanders

the yankees should have a home uni with "yankees" script. . . . i tried making a jersey with it but i failed ultimatley

Then what does that tell you.

Their home uniforms are perfect, untouchable, and I don't like the Yankees.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived