MLB 2009

mania

the yankees should have a home uni with "yankees" script. . . . i tried making a jersey with it but i failed ultimatley

Then what does that tell you.

Their home uniforms are perfect, untouchable, and I don't like the Yankees.

I loathe the Yankees more than any team in all of sports, but I gotta agree. Their homes should be officially designated, "Untouchable".

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the yankees should have a home uni with "yankees" script. new stadium, new unis...they need to stop holding on to the past so much and try looking into the future and present times and make a new history. im going to get flammed for this for sure. i tried making a jersey with it but i failed ultimatley but i think it would look good as a jersey. i also feel that every jersey should have players names on them, the back looks so empty without them and i make reference to when your on a school team....you dont have a name, you just have number assigned to you for the season and the its done, like you dont have importance, your just there for a short time, if you know what im saying?

Does the fact that the new stadium was designed to resemble the original Yankee Stadium sway your opinion at all?

And the lack of names on the back is fine by me.

the yankees should have a home uni with "yankees" script. . . . i tried making a jersey with it but i failed ultimatley

Then what does that tell you.

Their home uniforms are perfect, untouchable, and I don't like the Yankees.

If by "perfect" you mean "unbelievably ugly" and by "untouchable" you mean "should be burned ASAP" then I agree with you, 100%!

Twins 1982 throwbacks (couldn't find the actual unveiling pics yet):

twinsthrowback.jpg

Like the Brewers 1982 throwbacks these have been updated to a button down front and a belt.

I am glad to see the red cap getting some use. Thought it was a waste when they brought it back a few years ago as a 3rd had but barely worn them. Now maybe I will finally buy a new one to replace my throwback version.

Like the Brewers 1982 throwbacks these have been updated to a button down front and a belt.

. . . and, apparently, by making the sleeve stripes much narrower. I can understand going with the button front jersey and belt. However, you would think they could at least make the sleeve stripes accurate.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Who's next for the updated retro alt?

I swear there's an oxymoron in there somewhere.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Individual game throwbacks are usually more faithful to the original.

Regularly-scheduled alts usually follow the "here's what it would look like today if we hadn't changed away from these uniforms" aesthetic. Just like the Red Sox followed uniform trends while maintaining the same basic look - flannels to pullovers and elastic waistbands to button-up doubleknit and belts - so too are the Brewers' Friday alts a reflection of what might have happened to the old look if it'd been tweaked to follow uniform evolution.

In other words, exactly what the NFL does for every throwback.

Once again, the Brewers are the fashion vanguard.

Aren't the Brewers ditching the "retros?"

Where did you hear that?

I haven't seen confirmation that they'll be back, but I would be shocked as hell, given how staggeringly popular they are with fans.

Once again, the Brewers are the fashion vanguard.

I swear there's an oxymoron in there somewhere.

If the Brewers have started a trend, that of the "updated retro alt" (no oxymoron), then it is a good trend!

These Brewers and Twins alts give us a glimpse of what these uni styles would have looked like today if these teams had never dumped them. As Gothamite has indicated, these alts represent the same change that occurred organically when the Blue Jays went from

Barfieldtor.jpg to leetor.jpg

...or when the Royals went from this to this, or when the Padres went from this to this.

(By the way, most people remember the road version of the Phillies' fat-P jersey only as a powder-blue, zip-up affair. But, they tend to forget the dignified look that it took on once it, too, underwent a related type of change and became a nice grey button-down jersey.)

I love it when a team lays claim to a look it had in the past by rendering it in button-down/belt style, so I say bring this trend on -- in fact, I want the Padres to be the next one!

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Twins 1982 throwbacks (couldn't find the actual unveiling pics yet):

twinsthrowback.jpg

I am glad to see the red cap getting some use. Thought it was a waste when they brought it back a few years ago as a 3rd had but barely worn them. Now maybe I will finally buy a new one to replace my throwback version.

Love them, should be their full time look. IMHO.

metslogo_215.gif

I like the updated throwbacks. Makes sense for more than one-time use.

The Brewers reference might be 15 pages back or so. They dumped the throwbacks for the final date this year because they were vying for a new playoff berth. Since they achieved that, there was some speculation -- either here, in the media, or by the team itself -- that they didn't need the throwbacks anymore with a new tradition in the current unis established.

Archived