mania

MLB 2009

Any more news of the Red Sox new cap for 2009?

New Era has it on their site.

Huh. Don't know what to think of it. I'm not sure about it as an "on-field" cap, but it's not a terrible idea. Though I think there should be a white outline around the whole thing. As is, it doesn't pop from the cap too well.

The White Sox were also the innovators of the basic idea of throwbacks at all, when they wore the old uniforms the last few games at Old Comiskey in 1990. Their current set is also basically a modernized version of a classic look, so this trend has been around for a while.

You are a bit off on your facts here...what the White Sox wore the last week of the 1990 season was their current style (originally scheduled to be introduced in 1991). What you are probably thinking of is the first "Turn Back The Clock" day, held earlier that season, in which they wore replica 1917 unis.

16006797_17ce085d69.jpg

Padres' 40th Anniversary Patch

3LTt4BS2.jpg

SAN DIEGO -- The Padres unveiled their specially designed 40th anniversary logo on Thursday to celebrate a historic milestone for the franchise.

The logo will be displayed on a uniform patch and sewn into three of the Padres' four jerseys -- home, away and the alternate blue tops. The logo will also be featured prominently in 2009 in advertising for the team, promotional materials and throughout PETCO Park.

when i click the link, it says item is no longer available....anyone have a pic?

3083344678_ea90da391e.jpg

New Era's web people did the same with the Orioles cap a couple days before it was unveiled - two major leaks in as many months.

When are the Red Sox going public? Gotta be soon.

when i click the link, it says item is no longer available....anyone have a pic?

thanks, yea im not feeling that as an "on-field" hat, maybe bp. i think the redsox should have a currnt hat with a red brim, or white crown with navy brim and red b

Where?

Where?

I invite you to read the rest of the conversation

Padres' 40th Anniversary Patch

3LTt4BS2.jpg

SAN DIEGO -- The Padres unveiled their specially designed 40th anniversary logo on Thursday to celebrate a historic milestone for the franchise.

The logo will be displayed on a uniform patch and sewn into three of the Padres' four jerseys -- home, away and the alternate blue tops. The logo will also be featured prominently in 2009 in advertising for the team, promotional materials and throughout PETCO Park.

Nice logo, overall. I think I would've changed the color on the red ribbon since that's not a team color, both otherwise, a nice job.

Too bad my campus web network hates Flickr. :mad:

I'm not sure if you're looking for the new Red Sox cap, but if you are, please try this link to Adobe's Scene7.com where New Era houses its images.

I've heard about that one being a possible alternate. They seem to be using the socks logo a bit more, especially since it was on the World Series ring last year.

That is niiice! Thats a good alternate hat IMO

Logos / mascots don't belong on hats, and are invariably inferior to monograms. This includes Cleveland and Baltimore too. They just look too minor league.