MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Red Sox just announced that they "will hold a special event to unveil design changes to the ballclub's logos and select uniforms" this Thursday, December 11th at 6pm at GameOn! which is right next to Fenway Park. It is interesting to note that the headline of the advisory says the logos they are unveiling are "newly redesigned."

Unfortunately admission to the event is by invitation only so unless you're lucky enough to get the invite, you'll have to wait until the images pop up online! Either way, we can start the countdown until the Sox unveil their new stuff.

Why the flying :censored:?

Seriously, I'm in terror here. Please do nothing. Nothing.

I second that. The Sox logo doesn't need a redesign. :cry:

I am a Yankees fan and I believe the Red Sox have some of the best logos around. They really dont need to redesign.

They don't. However.....what I think they should do, if they want to do anything at all, is to simply touch up what they already have. They could correct the stitching in the baseball, maybe adjust the lining within the socks, and that would be fantastic. But I will agree with the four of you about how anything major will be an epic failure.

It should look kind of like this.....

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/C...primarylogo.jpg

I second that. The Sox logo doesn't need a redesign. :cry:

Could this be simply updating the primary logo so RED SOX is finally printed in the uniform style lettering and that lazy version of the wordmark is a goner? I've noticed the "authentic font" version has been in use more often on licensed products. Majestic even touts it on some player T-shirts.

dd56_1.JPG

32-02580-F.jpg

As far as a secondary logo goes, maybe the hanging sox logo is going to have a blue outline since that is the way it is depicted on the leaked New Era cap.

3083344678_45cd7a965f_o.jpg

I fully expect the road uniforms to return to blue lettering if the recent changes to the Salem Red Sox are indicative of the new look for the big league team.

3093423477_4be054e231_o.png

I hope they go back to the blue boston on the away jerseys. I also really like the hanging sox logo. Overall they have changed the uniforms quite a lot since the 80's. all minor changes and I am sure that this another minor change.

Eww, shoulder logos are an abomination. Miserable fail if that's the case.

Um...not really. While I agree with you that it wouldn't look good there, some teams (Mets, Giants, Mariners, Marlins to name a few) I love the fact that they have them. It's a case by case basis.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

100% upgrade. Maybe add some red trim.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Roger_Clemente, PANTONE/ColorWerx, and Wally1912 are all spot-on. It's hard for me to say, because I LOATHE the Sox, but everything that will be unveiled on Thursday is spotless in my opinion.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Roger_Clemente, PANTONE/ColorWerx, and Wally1912 are all spot-on. It's hard for me to say, because I LOATHE the Sox, but everything that will be unveiled on Thursday is spotless in my opinion.

So is it that noticeable of a change?

It often slips my mind, but the Red Sox' full primary is pretty slapdash and crappy. That slab-serif BOSTON looks totally out of place.

I don't think going to all-navy lettering/numbers on the greys is an improvement at all. Everything is just fine the way it is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Um...not really. While I agree with you that it wouldn't look good there, some teams (Mets, Giants, Mariners, Marlins to name a few) I love the fact that they have them. It's a case by case basis.

The Giants's shoulder logo is an eyesore to an otherwise sterling uni. They're just so unnecessary and they detract from the flow of the shirt - and make one sleeve look "heavier" in comparison to the other unadorned one.

I fully expect the road uniforms to return to blue lettering if the recent changes to the Salem Red Sox are indicative of the new look for the big league team.

If they got back to all blue, the blue letters need a red outline or something, i personally see absolutley wrong with the redsox uniforms and logos now, the only thing i would want thm to do is make another hat with a red birm or something.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

The Giants's shoulder logo is an eyesore to an otherwise sterling uni. They're just so unnecessary and they detract from the flow of the shirt - and make one sleeve look "heavier" in comparison to the other unadorned one.

I am a fan of the Red Sox and I hope they change the uniform. In fact, I wish most MLB team would change their uniforms by getting rid of the gray away jerseys and make them team colors.

spacer.png

Archived