MLB 2009

mania

3093423477_4be054e231_o.png

100% upgrade. Maybe add some red trim.

Nothing says RED Sox like subtracting red and adding blue.

They're the Red SOX. The colors used on the rest of their uniform are completely irrelevant.

Lemme know when the Blue JAYS switch to green or orange.

The Red Sox identity is based on the color of their socks. The sock color is the only piece of their uniform that needs to be red for their itentity to remain intact. The Blue Jays identity is based on a bird, who's color is blue. As long as they don't put a green or orange Jay on any of their gear, than they're OK too (of course I think that they're black looks ridiculous, but they're not in violation of anything since their Jay remains blue.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. I mean you gotta have SOME red. C'mon.

33-60765-F.jpg

redsoxjersey2.jpg

I love the navy away BOSTON script, but looking at the two jerseys the red BOSTON is pretty classy.

I still stand by the hanging sox hat. I love that hat, it will be the best hat in all of baseball.

thats not 78

Jim Rice was MVP in 1978 but that pic is from 86

yankees-1.png

I agree. I mean you gotta have SOME red. C'mon.

33-60765-F.jpg

redsoxjersey2.jpg

I love the navy away BOSTON script, but looking at the two jerseys the red BOSTON is pretty classy.

I still stand by the hanging sox hat. I love that hat, it will be the best hat in all of baseball.

thats not 78

Jim Rice was MVP in 1978 but that pic is from 86

okay... you get the point about the two different jerseys though....

I think the Twins need to come up with a dark blue road vest alternate. That would give them 7 jerseys for next year, one of each day of the week.

With the Home White, Blue, Vest and Throwback plus the Road Grey and Blue I fear the average fan does not have enough choices. :wacko:

Is there any team, not counting one-offs such as TBTC or TATC days, that has had six different jersey tops to choose from in a given year. I know the Pirates had many combinations with pants options, but has six tops ever been, well, topped?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I think the Twins need to come up with a dark blue road vest alternate. That would give them 7 jerseys for next year, one of each day of the week.

With the Home White, Blue, Vest and Throwback plus the Road Grey and Blue I fear the average fan does not have enough choices. :wacko:

Is there any team, not counting one-offs such as TBTC or TATC days, that has had six different jersey tops to choose from in a given year. I know the Pirates had many combinations with pants options, but has six tops ever been, well, topped?

Yeah, but they use a TINY bit of Yellow in their secondary logo...they could come up with a Yellow alt! Woo-hoo! More options!

:P

They're the Red SOX. The colors used on the rest of their uniform are completely irrelevant.

How about black?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

How about black?

As much as I hate the Jays' new look, black is a color found on blue jays. And the blue jay logo is blue. His point is that the team is called the "Red Sox" and therefore the only red required to avoid a misnomer is on the socks.

As much as I hate the Jays' new look, black is a color found on blue jays. And the blue jay logo is blue. His point is that the team is called the "Red Sox" and therefore the only red required to avoid a misnomer is on the socks.

So does that mean that only the WHITE Sox are misnamed?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

They won two world championships in those grey Boston jerseys they have now. They blew 1986 in the bargani-bin navy-script ones. I wouldn't change.

Why can't the White Sox wear white socks with silver and black stripes, like the striping on the Cardinals' socks? That'd be sweet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How about black?

How about the White Sox? AAAAAqg4oogAAAAAAPStmg.jpg

How about black?

Again, (as was stated only a few posts above this...) their jerseys are irrelevant to any discussion about the validity of their monicker.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How about black?

Again, (as was stated only a few posts above this...) their jerseys are irrelevant to any discussion about the validity of their monicker.

I was agreeing, giving another example.

That runs counter to every indication that the Lerners (foolishly) love red and the Curly W: it's all over Nationals Park, down to the wrought-iron gates.

As well as the pretzels.

The only change I can think of for the Nationals is adding a white hat. No information, but I've got a hunch.

Go redskins man, love the alternate symbol!!

That runs counter to every indication that the Lerners (foolishly) love red and the Curly W: it's all over Nationals Park, down to the wrought-iron gates.

As well as the pretzels.

The only change I can think of for the Nationals is adding a white hat. No information, but I've got a hunch.

Go redskins man, love the alternate symbol!!

Its a LOGO, not a symbol, I dunno why but its a pet peeve of mine when people call logo's "symbols"

I thought/hoped the home vests were getting mothballed with the arrival of the throwback.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too, Thursday I don't care about you, it's Friday, I'm in ugly anachronistic throwbacks that represent losing 102 games in a ballpark that never should have been built.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived