MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying that 2k is 100% right either. ColorWerx would know better than I would, as I am only the second best UNT rep here.

Also, there was a preview of the show, and this was shown...

1233717139-media.jpg

I thought it was a throwback, but in games they usually don't include modern pants and belts. I didn't seen the numbers underneeth the left chest or any other hints, so this is just something to chew on.

That's an interesting find. Back in Kansas City the A was Yellow with a Green trim on the home vest's, never has it been reversed. Although it was their first few years in Oakland, but they also had numbers on the lower left. Hmm.

EDIT: If you look closely you can see a number on the lower left, this is most likely a throwback to the 1969 Oakland Athletics, due to the all green cap.

That's an interesting find. Back in Kansas City the A was Yellow with a Green trim on the home vest's, never has it been reversed. Although it was their first few years in Oakland, but they also had numbers on the lower left. Hmm.

EDIT: If you look closely you can see a number on the lower left, this is most likely a throwback to the 1969 Oakland Athletics, due to the all green cap.

The A's wore a throwback last year that had Oakland on the front. Very nice jersey almost bought one but they wanted too much for it at the team shop. Maybe this is a throwback they are using this c oming season.

The A's wore a throwback last year that had Oakland on the front. Very nice jersey almost bought one but they wanted too much for it at the team shop. Maybe this is a throwback they are using this c oming season.

I'm thinking you're right about this being a throwback to the '69 A's, but I wasn't sure because I couldn't see any numbers on the front. Also, the player in the screen cap is wearing shaggy pants, so I didn't see any piping around the bottom of the pant sleeve. I think I'm looking too far into it though.

giants should use a orange birm hat as thier offical on field.

Nah, the black hat is just fine. The way I look at it, the Giants should emphasize black over orange, and the Orioles orange over black. I'm glad the retro Giants script and "G" hat have been scrapped, though. Black on black with orange trim and a gold shadow. Too much stuff happening and it's still not very readable.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So this is the new trend, scripts that are the same color as the jersey.

pMLB2-4680478t130.gifpMLB2-5472322t130.gifpMLB2-5598951t130.gifpMLB2-5432226t130.gif

Well....the Rays are the ones who pulled it off the best.

Yea, but if the Rays would just make their wordmark white, that would be a great looking jersey.

I think if the Rays went with a powder blue uniform, with the navy lettering, that it would be even better!!

I'll second that... Powder blue would look great on the road for the Rays (and Royals, for that matter)...

No it wouldn't. With powder blue pants, you mean? Can't. Powder blue uniforms are a product of a certain time, and that's a time when the Rays didn't even exist. The Royals can get away with the powder blue shirt as an update of the 1985 look, but that's it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No it wouldn't. With powder blue pants, you mean? Can't. Powder blue uniforms are a product of a certain time, and that's a time when the Rays didn't even exist. The Royals can get away with the powder blue shirt as an update of the 1985 look, but that's it.

Personally I think the Rays would look great in a powder blue alt jersey with white pants for at home. I own a Longoria t-shirt that's light blue with a navy blue rays script outlined in white.

Personally I think the Rays would look great in a powder blue alt jersey with white pants for at home. I own a Longoria t-shirt that's light blue with a navy blue rays script outlined in white.

That would be sweet. Just powder blue pants, though. Keep it to JUST the jersey.

So because the Ray's didn't exist in 1985, they are barred by you from ever wearing a powder blue jersey. Completely disregarding the fact that their color palette includes powder blue? Interesting logic, like usual.

Disagree, completely.

The all-powder blue uni is an idea that is OVERDUE for a comeback!!

Archived