MLB 2009

mania

The Orioles are having a "Special Announcement and Fan Rally" on November 12. Based on my interpretation of the photo on my invitation, it's clearly to unveil the new "Baltimore" road jersey. What else they have up their sleeves, I don't know.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still feel the Rays' set would benefit from the addition of a front number.

I think it just needs two things:

1) The "TB" to interlock like the Yankees, Giants, Mets, etc.

2) The road jersey to read "TAMPA BAY"

The "TB" does not need to be interlocked, with the blue we use we would continue to look like the Yanks, leave it the way it is. I'm also indifferent to "Tampa Bay" on the roads.

The "TB" does not need to be interlocked, with the blue we use we would continue to look like the Yanks, leave it the way it is. I'm also indifferent to "Tampa Bay" on the roads.

I love the 'TB' as is, but I'd really like to see 'Tampa Bay' added to the aways. But they don't need numbers on the front. If 'Tampa Bay' were on the roads, they may look odd with out numbers on the front of them. Though they may look alright too. I did a concept of that when these were unveiled last year. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here was my original take on the set from the original thread, after the unveiling.

Rays-Home-Away.png

Rays-Alternate.png

I love the 'TB' as is, but I'd really like to see 'Tampa Bay' added to the aways. But they don't need numbers on the front. If 'Tampa Bay' were on the roads, they may look odd with out numbers on the front of them. Though they may look alright too. I did a concept of that when these were unveiled last year. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here was my original take on the set from the original thread, after the unveiling.

Rays-Home-Away.png

Rays-Alternate.png

It looks much better with Tampa Bay on the roads. All teams should have the city name on the road jerseys. I am not a big fan of the TB logo, myself. It isn't horrible like the Blue Jays, but it looks like something I could create in Microsoft Word. I also think the unis would improve by changing the white outline on the numbers to light blue and adding an outline on the names, also. I don't like that they have two accent colors (columbia and yellow) which are both almost non-existent on their unis. As it is, I like the little aspect that they bother to add a white layer under the navy numbers on the home jersey, even though you only see it up close. The Dodgers did that on their home jerseys up until their Coolbase jerseys came out.

I like what you did, but I don't think the TB logo is strong enough to carry a jersey crest. A navy alt should have Rays on it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Orioles are having a "Special Announcement and Fan Rally" on November 12. Based on my interpretation of the photo on my invitation, it's clearly to unveil the new "Baltimore" road jersey. What else they have up their sleeves, I don't know.

Can you scan the invite? I'd like to see the photo. I've heard rumblings of a new hat in the offing as well...

Can you scan the invite? I'd like to see the photo. I've heard rumblings of a new hat in the offing as well...

Here you go. Credit goes to the Orioles Hangout board.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3031/297647...b137523.jpg?v=0

I think it's obvious to see that the pic shows the "mor" of the word "Baltimore" I'll be interested to see what type of new cap could be seen, maybe one with a "B" of some kind as rumbled before.

Apparently it's an updated version of the old cartoon bird. Major Win.
As long as it's not the "fun bird", which should die a slow, horrible death & never rear it's ugly head on any official merchandise ever again.

I could not agree more!!!!!

To follow up on Gothamite's point, the Orioles are working hard to make the O with a whorl a standalone symbol of the team. For example, car magnets with just the capital O are pretty common around town. It makes sense that they would try to make the lowercase Os consistent with that.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing the O's cap also die a slow, horrible death.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Me, too. In my ideal world, Nickname initials would never be used on caps.

Especially when they're selling beautiful caps like this one (apologies, I can't remember who originally posted it):

Something like that would be so much better than the O.

I agree, but it wouldn't match the O, or the rest of the team's script, and it would look dangerously much like the Tigers. The Orioles have another excellent B on hand, at the end of every row of seats in OPACY. It's even got loopy bits to match the O logo.

But I have every confidence that Angelos is micromanaging the branding effort and thus will not allow any kind of attractive B to make it anywhere near an Orioles cap.

20082614447.png

Well, we can see that they updated the script,

2976472004_90bb137523.jpg

Compare it to the Mitchell and Ness jersey:

pMLB2-1985144dt.jpg

and to the current home: They've given the lower-case "o" a whorl reminiscent of that of the upper-case version:

pMLB2-1985023dt.jpgpMLB2-3536821dt.jpg

On the home jersey, I really, really wish they'd fix the transition from the second "o" in Orioles to the "l", and while they're at it, reduce the size of that second "o" to match that of the "i". Just...bugs...me.

Well, I have some disappointing news: word from within the Warehouse is that, while "Baltimore" will return to the away jerseys, the "O's" hat will remain the Friday alternate hat. The hat they're getting rid of is the all-black hat. The away hats will now be identical to the home hats with orange bills. No new bird. No "B".

Archived