MLB 2009

mania

I too have to agree with the above comments regarding the "Baltimore" script on their road uniforms. The "e" should be close to the same size as the "s' on the "Orioles" scrpit... then scale down the middle letters accordingly. Another thing that they need to watch for is placing the "B" at the proper distance from the "a". It appears that the spacing varies from jersey to jersey. The Indians has this problem before too. The gap from the "I" to the first "n" was different on many players.

Y'know what, I understand the issues with the BALTIMORE script, but it's still a major step forward for the Orioles.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I too have to agree with the above comments regarding the "Baltimore" script on their road uniforms. The "e" should be close to the same size as the "s' on the "Orioles" scrpit... then scale down the middle letters accordingly. Another thing that they need to watch for is placing the "B" at the proper distance from the "a". It appears that the spacing varies from jersey to jersey. The Indians has this problem before too. The gap from the "I" to the first "n" was different on many players.

I believe the Orioles tried something like this in the 1960s, and in doing so wound up with an "Orioles" script that was way too small on their home jerseys. There's no practical way (other than using block lettering) to have "Orioles" and "Baltimore" the same size without "Orioles" winding up too small.

Some observations/musings...

Baltimore --I really like the Baltimore uniforms this year. Both home and road are clean, crisp and professional looking. While I still like the cartoon bird of the 60's/70's, I even like the updated bird that adorns the cap. Weren't the road caps supposed to be all black? "Baltimore" on the roads is so nice to see.

Texas -- At first the home jersey with the blue "TEXAS" didn't seem right with the red cap, but its fast growing on me. I like it. It looks good. Anybody seen Saltalamacchia's name on the back of the jersey? It literally bends down halfway down the guy's back! That is one long name!

San Diego - I just can't get used to that off-yellow, cream, baby poop (or whatever color its supposed to be). I really wish the Padres could find the right combo. The home whites look good, but the roads just don't look good.

New York Mets -- I really wish they would've dropped the black or at least on the caps. The all blue cap is so much nicer.

Washington -- I do like the "Washington" script on the roads, but wish it were a bit bigger. It seems small. I guess it has to be in order to fit it on there.

Boston - The more I see the new roads, the more I like it. It still seems to need more red, but I think of Jim Rice when I see the new uni's.

I know that the Phils got postponed today, but has anyone gotten a hold of the George Kalas patch they are going to wear?

It's Harry Kalas, you clown. <_<

lol. Sorry Mr. Kalas. I knew something didn't seem right about it.

That was a pretty big goof on my part. But none of you have seen the patch?

I know that the Phils got postponed today, but has anyone gotten a hold of the George Kalas patch they are going to wear?

Its here... http://twitpic.com/3d3ah

Somebody tell me why they couldn't put it on their sleeves?

bYhYmxh.png

They are wearing the WS Champs patch on the homes all year long, but I think the location is more of tribute since its over the heart. Harry Kalas was the heart of the team and our fanbase.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Its here... http://twitpic.com/3d3ah

Somebody tell me why they couldn't put it on their sleeves?

They have a number on one sleeve, and the World Series patch on the other (at home anyway.) I guess they didn't want to remove the World Series patch.

Also, it's not uncommon to honor someone by wearing a ribon or some kind of memorial over your heart. I like it in this case, as it gets more attention - which after all, is the point of the memorial... right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought the 'merica alternates were for special, patriotic holiday-related occasions, not for "We're a steaming pile of suck that's out of ideas eleven days into the season."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I thought the 'merica alternates were for special, patriotic holiday-related occasions, not for "We're a steaming pile of suck that's out of ideas eleven days into the season."

The only reason that they'd be wearing them other than slumpbusters is that it's the 2nd anniversary of the VT shootings. Now, I have no idea how'd you be able to connect shootings at a school that wears maroon and orange with a blue and red jersey that has a logo that incorporates elements of the U.S. flag on it, so I'm thinking it's just a slumpbuster. Then again, couldn't they just wear the red jerseys then?

Also, if they're going to use red sleeves and a red helmet, I think switching the numbers to red would be a good idea.

You may have also been thinking of George Kell, a longtime TV voice of the Tigers who recently passed on...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Archived