MLB 2009

mania

So uh, I KNOW I'm not the only one who sees this, but doesn't it irk anybody else that the blue on the Cubs' hat does NOT match the blue on the Cubs' alternate? It's really irking me.

They should lighten the blue on the cap up. It'd look much better.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So uh, I KNOW I'm not the only one who sees this, but doesn't it irk anybody else that the blue on the Cubs' hat does NOT match the blue on the Cubs' alternate? It's really irking me.

I see it too. They need to do something with that.

And about the Nats, I actually like the uniform, but it's like I'm watching Cuba play or something.

There are two shades of royal blue in New Era's drawer. The Cubs could go for the same blue worn by the Brewers and Mets, maybe that would match better.

They should darken the blue on the jersey. It looks way too dull and faded. The deeper blue on the cap looks a million times better.

I'm not sure the Nationals could have done a worse job with those uniforms.

We lost the Expos' set for this garish b.s.??? Complete and utter amateur hour.

No, you lost the Expos set because no one ever came to watch them play.

I'm not sure the Nationals could have done a worse job with those uniforms.

We lost the Expos' set for this garish b.s.??? Complete and utter amateur hour.

To be honest, the 1992-2004 Expos looked a little generic to me. At least that look seemed generic compared to the older set.

I still really don't understand all the hate for the Nats alt. I'm probably rather bias here, but I think it looks quite nice. The navy's different(on the hats at least) from what they have, and I'm hot-and-cold on the flag DC, but I wouldn't mind this being used often.

There are two shades of royal blue in New Era's drawer. The Cubs could go for the same blue worn by the Brewers and Mets, maybe that would match better.

They should darken the blue on the jersey. It looks way too dull and faded. The deeper blue on the cap looks a million times better.

I think that might have been what the Cubs were trying to do with the darker BPs a couple years ago -- match the blues -- but that didn't really fly. The cap might be what needs to change because it really is much darker -- and the helmet matches the blue jerseys pretty well. I wouldn't mind if they switched to the lighter shade, especially since the Mets barely use it and the Brewers might be done with it too.

Antigua has started producing licensed Cubs merchandise (shirts, sweatshirts) that matches the caps perfectly, but before I realized that it was a bit jarring how dark the color was. I bought a few items since I like wearing the caps but none of my blue (or navy, for that matter) shirts and sweatshirts ever matched. It's like the Cowboys all over again.

And to answer the original question -- yes, it irks me.

In point of fact, Montreal lost the Expos because the city and/or province wouldn't build Labatt Park.

You wouldn't have known that judging from the attendance figures in the last year they were there. I saw crowds consistently of 3,000 OR LESS until the final game - when it appeared to be a sellout.

sig1.gif

The Rockies are among the worst, if not the worst, teams uniform wise. Their hat logo is boring and their jerseys involve hardly any purple. Purple is a unique colour in the MLB and they should use more of it.

beLEAF

In point of fact, Montreal lost the Expos because the city and/or province wouldn't build Labatt Park.

You wouldn't have known that judging from the attendance figures in the last year they were there. I saw crowds consistently of 3,000 OR LESS until the final game - when it appeared to be a sellout.

But after 2001, it was absolutely clear that the Expos were not going to stay in Montreal, so why would fans have kept coming out in 2002, 2003, or 2004? Especially after the Expos moved many of their "home" games to Puerto Rico? While it's true that attendance was a problem in Montreal, baseball teams don't move because of low attendance. They move (or threaten to move) for one reason, and one reason only: To extract subsidized facilities from local governments. Had Montreal built Labatt Park, the Expos would have been happy to stay in Montreal and play before 3,000 fans every night.

20082614447.png

What do you mean, w00tness? If anything the Rockies need to do something about those black vests with the black undershirts. (Ideally, burn them.)

The entire set could be way better. I agree with you, the black vests aren't anything to write home about, but these aways are just disgusting.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Agreed, I've been thinking lately that a touch of green might work. Kind of like the All Star logo from when Colorado hosted it.

I don't necessarily think they need another color, but they should just use the purple more. Right now, it's very boring and blah - and this is coming from a White Sox fan, a team that uses no color whatsoever.

2f969f4edd0d3ef58159cbfcfb0cd9d6-getty-85138496cp013_colorado_rock.jpg500c04198d566bfb303405ae783b3847-getty-85137443dp006_philadelphia_.jpgdc265d8de93c4d513f9b8b7ab23427c0-getty-85137434dp029_philadelphia_.jpg

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Agreed, I've been thinking lately that a touch of green might work. Kind of like the All Star logo from when Colorado hosted it.

I don't necessarily think they need another color, but they should just use the purple more. Right now, it's very boring and blah - and this is coming from a White Sox fan, a team that uses no color whatsoever.

2f969f4edd0d3ef58159cbfcfb0cd9d6-getty-85138496cp013_colorado_rock.jpg500c04198d566bfb303405ae783b3847-getty-85137443dp006_philadelphia_.jpgdc265d8de93c4d513f9b8b7ab23427c0-getty-85137434dp029_philadelphia_.jpg

Exactly. The pics you posted backs that up very well. They use too much black and silver. They need more purple.

Archived