MLB 2009

mania

Had Montreal built Labatt Park, the Expos would have been happy to stay in Montreal and play before 3,000 fans every night.

Thing is that if they built the park and fans knew the team was going to stay, and wasn't just being jerked around by MLB, then there would have been a whole lot more than 3,000 there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't seen those in forever! When was the last time they wore them?

I don't think it's been worn since April 24, 2004, against the Houston Astros.

It also made an appearance April 6, 2004, against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Perhaps the only purple cap versus purple cap matchup?

3457333.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I haven't seen those in forever! When was the last time they wore them?

I don't think it's been worn since April 24, 2004, against the Houston Astros.

It also made an appearance April 6, 2004, against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Perhaps the only purple cap versus purple cap matchup?

3457333.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize it has been that long. I really wish they would wear them more often.

Are the Padres still wearing Sand road uniforms? They really looked gray in person.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the expos didnt have a tv deal so fans couldnt watch the team at home so that deffinetly kept the fan base low. if i couldnt watch the mets on tv, id probally not be a fan because its the only way i see them. it also didnt help that MLB killed the team and ruined them skill wise so they couldnt win anything , so why would fans want to go see a team that MLB was goign to move , sucked at everything, couldnt watch on tv, and played in one of the worse baseball stadiums ever? if they got the first labbatt park built from 1998, they would have one of the best stadiums in baseball right now with the intimacy and they skyline over the stadium

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Are the Padres still wearing Sand road uniforms? They really looked gray in person.

I can't tell. Here is a pic from the game...

460Padres_Phillies_Baseball.sff.standalone.prod_affiliate.101.jpg

And look at the last square from colorwerx's site for the sand color that I thought they used...

SanDiegoPadres_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I never heard anything about them wearing gray, but I know from watching on TV that when they wear sand, it is pretty obvious it is not gray.

I never heard anything about them wearing gray, but I know from watching on TV that when they wear sand, it is pretty obvious it is not gray.

The Padres were definitely wearing their khaki road uniforms Friday night (4/17). Not gray. So the Padres are still wearing my favorite road uniforms in baseball. Check out the photos at Yahoo for clarification. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Padres had tweaked the fabric slightly to have a less saturated look, since even in the bright tan images on Yahoo I'm seeing just a bit less yellow than I'm accustomed to.

20082614447.png

I'm surprised those are a favorite of yours, or anyone's. Either the road script is too divorced from the home script, or the home script doesn't match the monogram, the numbers, or the road script. Either way, something's not right about those Padres uniforms, even before you get to the fact that they look like pee.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Padres were definitely wearing their khaki road uniforms Friday night (4/17). Not gray. So the Padres are still wearing my favorite road uniforms in baseball. Check out the photos at Yahoo for clarification. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Padres had tweaked the fabric slightly to have a less saturated look, since even in the bright tan images on Yahoo I'm seeing just a bit less yellow than I'm accustomed to.

Yeah, on TV it's obvious that it's sand. In person though, the sand looks really gray.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't tell. Here is a pic from the game...

460Padres_Phillies_Baseball.sff.standalone.prod_affiliate.101.jpg

And look at the last square from colorwerx's site for the sand color that I thought they used...

SanDiegoPadres_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Sky blue? That doesn't seem like a primary Padre color to me.

Well it featured in their primary logo, so it's reasonable that it would be a primary color.

Padres_Logo.gif

Gawd, that home plate logo really needs to go. Put the Swingin' Friar on the sleeve of the primary home and road, and it's an instant upgrade.

Random fact: During our tour of Petco, the guide told us the stone used to construct the park was specially imported to match the team's color scheme, and other facets of the park were designed with that in mind. So one would think the unique road unis have a somewhat long shelf life, at least in color, if not design. (I kinda like the road script, a nod to the minor-league Pads, but I think the uni would be even better with a script that matches the home/alt style. Oh, and a front number.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well it featured in their primary logo, so it's reasonable that it would be a primary color.

Padres_Logo.gif

True, but I thought it would be one of those "logo only" colors. Like how red and blue aren't primary Steeler colors.

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on that one. Maybe I should designate the Sky Blue as a Secondary Color, or even an "Additional Color".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sky Blue actually used as a trim color one of the first seasons of this color scheme? I could have sworn it was at least for one season, despite what the Style Guide has shown.

Archived