mania

MLB 2009

The A's wearing the yellow-brimmed helmet on the road only solidifies my opinion that the yellow-brimmed cap should be their only cap.

The A's wearing the yellow-brimmed helmet on the road only solidifies my opinion that the yellow-brimmed cap should be their only cap.

I agree. The yellow brim adds a little "pop" and compliments the yellow trim on the road jersey. The white "A's," along with the white shoes are a nice bookend.

If the A's wore black cleats, then the road hats would be acceptable. But since they wear white cleats, the hat with the white "A's" works on the road.

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on that one. Maybe I should designate the Sky Blue as a Secondary Color, or even an "Additional Color".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sky Blue actually used as a trim color one of the first seasons of this color scheme? I could have sworn it was at least for one season, despite what the Style Guide has shown.

IIRC, it was used as a trim color on the BP jersey the first year the Padres used this identity package.

Well it featured in their primary logo, so it's reasonable that it would be a primary color.

Padres_Logo.gif

True, but I thought it would be one of those "logo only" colors. Like how red and blue aren't primary Steeler colors.

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on that one. Maybe I should designate the Sky Blue as a Secondary Color, or even an "Additional Color".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sky Blue actually used as a trim color one of the first seasons of this color scheme? I could have sworn it was at least for one season, despite what the Style Guide has shown.

That's my recollection as well.

Personally, I wouldn't consider it a primary team color, regardless of its appearance on the logo. The Padres aren't alone in tarting up their primary logo with an extra color or two:

080516_Milwaukee_Brewers_logo.jpg

That's an Additional Color in my book - adds an accent to the logo, maybe even as a trim color on off-field merchandise. but doesn't appear anywhere on the uniform (except in any patches of the primary logo).

Somewhat interesting uni-matchup. Twins on the road wearing navy home jerseys with gray road pants vs. Red Sox wearing green St. Patty's/Earth Day unis during the second game of a double header.

Somewhat interesting uni-matchup. Twins on the road wearing navy home jerseys with gray road pants vs. Red Sox wearing green St. Patty's/Earth Day unis during the second game of a double header.

I REALLY wish I could be watching this game.

...Especially because the Bruins are KICKING MONTREAL'S ASS.

Beat me to it.

The Astros are wearing green hats, too. Against the Dodgers. It doesn't look very good, but I guess it is for a good cause.

That's the Twins only navy jersey now-the lovely one with the white Minnesota lettering is gone.

That green Red Sox look was annoying since they wore the regular pants and had the red undershirts with it.

I still have my Expos home and road jerseys from 1992. They never had an alternate jersey, but I'm sure they would have at least one if they were still playing in Montreal. I'm keeping those jerseys forever.

mets wearing black "mets" jerseys in st louis.

I liked the black New York jerseys a lot, wish they didn't drop them from the set.

MLB.com is having their every-so-often "20% off $150" sale, which means I'm in the market for another authentic. And holy hell, these Cool Base jerseys. Some teams still have both regular and Cool Base versions of the same jersey, with the CB one being anywhere from $5-$25 more. Uh, what?

i cannot agree more that the rockies need more purple, i rant about it too much. I just hope someone that can do something about it can talk some sence into them. I own the purple hat and jersey and love them both and wear them proudly

MLB.com is having their every-so-often "20% off $150" sale, which means I'm in the market for another authentic. And holy hell, these Cool Base jerseys. Some teams still have both regular and Cool Base versions of the same jersey, with the CB one being anywhere from $5-$25 more. Uh, what?

Makes sense - when you buy a Cool Base you're paying not only for R&D but also the fancy space-age fabric.

Is today the first day this season the Rangers have worn their blue alternates at home?

EDIT: no idea why I said throwbacks.