New Jerseys = Wins?

hettinger_rl

Has anyone noticed or checked into the fact that teams seem to do better after they've gotten new jerseys. Seeing the Rays win tonight made me think of it, but going through some teams over the last 15 years it seems to work out.

Utah Jazz: Switched to the mountain jerseys and make the NBA Finals.

LA Lakers: Switch to current jerseys and win the championship.

Timberwolves: Switched to the tree trim and start making the playoffs.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Switch to current and start winning.

Detroit Pistons: Switch to current and start winning championships again.

I'm a basketball fan so those are the ones I think of first.

I'm sure there are more.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hawks have now gone from "laughingstock" to "playoffs" since their uniform change.

The Falcons were in the NFC Championship within 2 years of them changing their uniforms.

The Thrashers made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history when they changed to their "true blue" uniforms.

That's just recently in the city of Atlanta. It's a cool trend. ^_^

The New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals, and San Francisco 49ers; the LA Kings, Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, New York Islanders, St. Louis Blues; the Arizona Diamondbacks, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays, San Diego Padres, and Texas Rangers where did they go... oh yeah uniforms didn't help.

Tampa Bay Bucs changes there uniforms and won the Superbowl. The Titans were in the SB the year they changed over from the Oliers. The Atlanta Braves changed their uniforms in 1989 I believe. It only took them 2 years to become a dynasty. The Angels went through a change and won the WS in 2002.

Coincidence = wins.

That's all.

Still an interesting coincidence.

Cant remember but, didn't the Anaheim Angels ( L.A Angels of Anaheim now ) change their look then go on to win the world series ?

Yeah, that definitely happened as well.

Coincidence = wins.

That's all.

Still an interesting coincidence.

Yeah, but only for the uniform changes that prove out. You could just as easily say teams that change their uniforms never win championships:

Grizzlies, Hornets, Knicks, Sonics, Warriors, Nuggets, BYU football, Syracuse football, Washington State football, Bills, Cardinals, Chargers, and so on.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Coincidence = wins.

That's all.

I disagree. A lot of times teams that are on the up-swing will change their uniforms to symbolize a new era in the team's history. The new uniforms in Tampa are not the reason for their success this year, but they are apart of a bigger change the owners made to get away from the 'Devil' Rays. That's not coincidental at all.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Coincidence = wins.

That's all.

I disagree. A lot of times teams that are on the up-swing will change their uniforms to symbolize a new era in the team's history. The new uniforms in Tampa are not the reason for their success this year, but they are apart of a bigger change the owners made to get away from the 'Devil' Rays. That's not coincidental at all.

But what happens when a team thinks it's on the upswing, changes its uniforms, and still sucks? Seems like it's as much chance as it is the uniform having anything to do with anything.

Yeah, it's interesting that sometimes teams like the Broncos, Ravens, Angels and others change their uniforms and go on to win championships, but it's not like that's the reason why. If it were, teams like the Bills, Nuggets, Cavs and others might be demanding some explanations as to why they don't get any brass rings.

Okay. I'll stop being a grump.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived