THE APPRENTICE: Challenge 9

pollux

Actually, im rather good at photoshop, as we use it constantly at school, but its still not like illustrator or the like....

....in any case, I now will do something I never wanted to do.

Gentelmen, I regretfully will be pulling out of this competition.

Its been a great long (long!) ride, and ive learned a very large amount from you guys. I very much enjoyed working with my team Prodigy, and competing against Optimus. I think as a whole we all made some kickass stuff.

However, ive found myself pretty busy lately, and Ive barely had the time to come up with and work with ideas, among other reasons. This is the only considerable amount of free time ive had since the challenge was issued, and obviously, I cant make anything that can compete in such a short time.

I wish the best of luck to all those who move on, and im very sorry I had to do this, especially so late in the game. My intention from the beginning was to give it my all and at least make it to the final. Unfortunately though, it just barely missed that.

Thanks to everyone for the opportunity, the knowledge, the experience, and again to mac for the free t-shirt.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hm, I wish you would have said that earlier, so gbm could have taken your place... <_< it's all good though, it was nice being a teammate of yours maz

I'll be unveiling mine tonight

To be fair, I'm not so sure that would have been allowed... it was more sarcasm to show people who didn't like the challenge that at least they were still in the competition.

Bruschimania Design Initiative, as a part of the Apprentice challenge, proudly presents the logos for Michael Waldrop, independent campaign for president, for the year 2012. Taking a role from classic political logo design, the logo incorporates a star on a field of red and white stripes. A clean font basically eliminates Waldrop's first name, making WALDROP and not Michael Waldrop the forefront of the design, striving for familiarity. The slogan for the campaign, "Changing the world, one vote at a time", encapsulates the hopes of Waldrop on the trail. In addition, possible uses of the icon and slogan are used in bumper stickers and buttons.

campaign1.png

campaign2.png

Adam Vance is a hopeful for the 2012 Presidential Campaign. He approached chestnutz6 to come up with a brand for him, and here's what they came up with.

The colors were an easy choice, a darker hue of red, white, and blue. The main logo for Vance, chestnutz came up with, is a star that represents the country, stylized into an A and a V. The text, a simple sans-serifed font, can also stand alone, as shown here. The slogan chosen shows citizens what Vance is all about: moving forward. The future is clear, the future is now, the future is here, Adam Vance. Hopefully this brand will be strong enough to let citizens of America that Vance means business.

Adam-Vance.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Is it okay if I post? That Adam Vance logo is nice! The slogan sucks and the text is too thin, but that badge/star logo is just terrific.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

ColaCock is pleased to present the 2012 presidential campaign package for candidate Kurtis Kennedy (D- South Carolina). The package features the patriotic red, deep blue, and white. The typeface was designed with "strength" and "forward thinking" in mind, displayed by the italicized and bold features of the text. A simple and bold American flag is featured on the left side of the design, waving from the "K", to bring attention to the candidate name and again portray "movement and forward thinking".

A black & white version has been included for newspaper and other print ads that may allow only for grayscale and/or black & white printing. Campaign marketing tools such as stickers, t-shirts, and sweaters are also displayed.

The campaign slogan "Pushing For Progress" is again, a reflection of the candidate and is also represented in the design as it "pushes forward" into a new era.

Kennedy08_FINAL2.jpg

Hmm... maybe, there's a way to do both... what if the votes for this round carried over to the next round? That way, the designs still matter, and we don't lose over half the field in one challenge.

Ultimately, it's the judges who make the calls, but just kind of thinking about it, I would consider it a fair compromise.

I think the contest must go on as normal, no matter 5 entries or 2. besides, the rules stated there would be an auto dq and then a vote for the entries.

in any case, this contest needs to get moving and even with the next challenge being the finals- I believe it is for the best of the contest.

I am sorry I didn't get anything in. The timing for the end of this contest couldn't have been worse for me. A couple of weeks ago, I kind of moved to Troy for school. I am here and have classes Monday through Thursday, along with homework of course, then go Back to Lansing Thursday night through Sunday, and work Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. That, along with the fact that the computer I have in Troy (A brand new imac, which I love already) doesn't have all of the programs and fonts my other computer has, there just wasn't much I could do for this challenge. Not sure I would have been able to do much in this one anyways, slogans are definitely not my thing. Good luck to those of you who posted something, and for the sake of the contest, sorry I didn't get anything in. I had a lot of fun though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived