Sign in to follow this  
Thad

Game Worn Jersey Adjustments?

I recently won a gameworn App jersey (Nike throwback), and its perfect - other than it doesn't fit me. It fits well in the shoulders, but gets too small when it gets over my stomach.

I was wondering what y'all thought I should do. I basically have two options - one is to somehow get bigger in the waist, or to get it framed. If you think I should get it made bigger, please tell me how.

Why not do a couple of sit ups... or take up jogging.

Oh I've always done that, in fact the doctor has told me to put on some weight.

Frame it, homey. Game worn football jerseys aren't really made for regular wear. I still have mine from my first college game, and it looks best on the wall. :)

I second Greg. Either keep it in the closet or frame it. Besides, those App retro jerseys were sweet. I wish that they would make those the full time set.

The problem with framing the jersey is that you lose either the front or (more likely) the back view.

I recently won a gameworn App jersey (Nike throwback), and its perfect - other than it doesn't fit me. It fits well in the shoulders, but gets too small when it gets over my stomach.

I was wondering what y'all thought I should do. I basically have two options - one is to somehow get bigger in the waist, or to get it framed. If you think I should get it made bigger, please tell me how.

I've had a game-worn jersey tailored to become bigger and more wearable in the waist.

Find some spandex that's the same color as your jersey (black shouldn't be hard) and take it to a tailor and tell them what you want. Should run you about $25.

Game worn football jerseys aren't really made for regular wear.

True enough.

They're tailored to be worn skin-tight over pads. Short of cutting it up and constructing a new jersey out of the pieces, there's not a whole lot to do to make it look good as street wear.