2008/2009 NCAA Basketball uniforms

chestnutz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Oklahoma State road jersey.

17404700_z.jpg

17410473_z.jpg

I actually like that uniform for some reason. It just looks real nice.

As for Kentucky's new unis...other than the fact that they've got guys my size wearing capris for shorts, they're nice as well.

Big-Blue.jpg

Saw the new Kentucky unis on SI from Midnight Madness

Those blue shoes are absolutely beautiful, it might be the pairing with the blue socks, I'm not really sure what I like about them.

Has anyone noticed that these have "ghost" checks on them. A checkerboard pattern "ghosted" in like the stars on the late 90s Magic jerseys.

t_17639.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Big-Blue.jpg

The shorts must come in only one size: XXXXXXXXXL. They look fine on the big guys (42), but check out 14. What the hell? His knees are only halfway down the shorts when they should be at the bottom.

That's why college needs a shorts length rule like the NBA has.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Big-Blue.jpg

The shorts must come in only one size: XXXXXXXXXL. They look fine on the big guys (42), but check out 14. What the hell? His knees are only halfway down the shorts when they should be at the bottom.

That's why college needs a shorts length rule like the NBA has.

The sad irony of these Kentucky uniforms is all of the memorials on them for Bill Keightley, the long-time equipment manager who passed away earlier this year. "Mr. Wildcat" hated the knee-length shorts but kind of accepted them, but really detested the baggy look. If you do some searches, UK's original Nike-supplied uniform designs (from 1997/98 through 2004-2005) had long (around the knee) but not baggy shorts - that was Keightley's tailoring mandate. He would absolutely hate these SOD sets.

Major props to 'Bama for bringing back the classic pinstriped set - now they look like Alabama again, not a Nike generic template of the year.

Archived