2008/2009 NCAA Basketball uniforms

chestnutz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must be the only one who likes the new Memphis uniforms. They're definitely an upgrade over what they had last year.

Naw, I'm 100% with you bro. I've already stated 'on the record' in the NCAA Hoops Season thread -- Memphis' new gear is freaking sick!

And why are they starting games at 11:00 PM CST?

It's called the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon. Get used to it, chief. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

I must be the only one who likes the new Memphis uniforms. They're definitely an upgrade over what they had last year.

I concur. Judging only by the pics above, the gray seems faint enough that it does not look nearly as bad as the NBA All-Star jerseys, but rather decent, IMO. Hopefully the blues are just blue, front and back. The white and gray are close enough that it works. And they're a million times better than those gawd awful things they've worn the last couple of years with Adidas. Glad they came back to Nike.

Add St. John's to the list of schools that went black just to sell jerseys. First time in the programs 101 years. Black is officially a secondary color, but the team is the RED Storm and before that the REDmen. They do look nice though, but they look too much like Rutgers, Louisville, or Georgia.

capt21ff84c8c24449f395ce8a2b649e45e.jpg

capt64ec2bc4d2c24bb78581b7ad7b3ac97.jpg

In still shots they look close enough, but trust me in live action on TV there is a significant difference and it's very easy to notice.

But not so different that there's any confusion as to which team has the ball at any point in time, like in that NBA All-Star game that was mentioned. Personally, I love those Memphis uniforms. My question is, though, on the white half of the uniform, there's a silver/gray stripe next to the blue one -- but in those pictures, that doesn't look to be the case on the shorts. Are my eyes deceiving me?

Also, I mentioned in the official NCAA thread that the gray/silver looks almost goldish when watching live.

IUe6Hvh.png

New BC basketball uniforms?

n1613258_35340009_5815.jpg

I just came across this on a BC blog, he said nothing about the uniform but if you will notice the letters and number are now gold while there is no black.... This would be in line with the new football uniforms and I like it a lot. Does anyone know anything about this? I have an email in to BC Media Relations just to find out. I apologize if it has been covered, I just have heard absolutely nothing about any type of change, it wasn't in Uni Watch's preview, etc. However, the red jersey was not shown on any cover, inside or out, front or back, of the media guide, while the white and even the new and rarely worn (though that is increasing and I see it being advertised a lot more now) gold alt were shown multiple times, which is very odd. Well, this is certainly interesting.

Yes. and yes! I love it! Just wish the number on front were white to give balance IMO, but it looks much better in the Tyrese photo above.

But really, who did nobody know about this? I never even got a response from Media Relations.

Archived