2008/2009 NCAA Basketball uniforms

chestnutz

Saw Memphis with all white in the Puerto Rico tournament too. So they may still have a half-half jersey in blue and just not shown it yet. Hopefully all blue is the only option though.

In other news - from the "Only at Oregon Department": Watching their game right now on ESPN and the announcer just mentioned something about "special Oregon 3D glasses" for their Maui invitational uniforms. Not sure if he was being sarcastic because of the colors (likes like black, one yellow panel, and green circles on the panel) or if Nike is pushing the envelope again. Let's hope it's the former...

Also they mentioned that every team is wearing Nike Hyperdunks for the Maui this year. I'm assuming they mean that every team was giving the option of Hyperdunks?

We are one!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Add St. John's to the list of schools that went black just to sell jerseys. First time in the programs 101 years. Black is officially a secondary color, but the team is the RED Storm and before that the REDmen. They do look nice though, but they look too much like Rutgers, Louisville, or Georgia.

capt21ff84c8c24449f395ce8a2b649e45e.jpg

capt64ec2bc4d2c24bb78581b7ad7b3ac97.jpg

It was only a matter of time till they introduced a black alt...I'm a fan of alts and I don't mind black even though it gets a bad rap for being overused because its so easy to do but STJ should have avoided the easy way and gone with something classic looking, I will admit the jersey looks sharp but that new wordmark is still complete garbage no matter what its paired with. Maybe they could have done something along the lines of what the Bucks (NBA) did by basically creating a retro jersey that never existed. Just anything to stray away from that sad excuse of an identity.

rob66.png

That's what it was? A floral pattern? I was trying to figure that out all game. I love those uniforms... well, aside from the floral pattern in the yellow. Once I noticed it I found it distracting.

it's a tournament in Hawaii, at least it was appropriate.

Too bad they weren't green and yellow.

harperdc.gif

Oregon was wearing the new black uniforms that aren't the stealth ones from last year, but the yellow part has a Hawaiian floral pattern, so nothing too major.

Got a photo?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This is the best photo I could find that shows Oregon's floral unis. They were made special for the Maui Invitational and won't be worn again. They also wore a black version vs. Alabama. They also had custom NIKE shoes with the floral pattern as well.aac1c9ba-be58-44f3-9b5c-b62dc42915fc.jpg

I found a photo of the black ones as well:

17e1aded-86c4-4932-95d8-3035765f2bef.jpg

Oregon : seems to have no limit, even an insult to shoot them along Bama

ASU blk: look at RBK 2K7 McDonald's, it's the same template. That's what buying rival brands' for

:huh:

Huh?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

New Southern Illinois Uniforms

New

siu_08.jpg

siu_082.jpg

Old

siu_07-1.jpg

Another school converting to the system of dress. A nice clean look for Salukis out of the Missouri Valley.

Are those numbers screen printed, as opposed to tackle-twill? Look at Booker #22: the sheen on those numbers reminds me of a screen print. I'm sure I'm wrong, however.

Oregon : seems to have no limit, even an insult to shoot them along Bama

ASU blk: look at RBK 2K7 McDonald's, it's the same template. That's what buying rival brands' for

:huh:

Huh?

2007 McDonalds All American uniforms by Reebok a.k.a Adidas.

Same template, from pattern to piping.

mcdx-large.jpg

anderson.edreinke.jpg

2f96_1.JPG

Yeah, what does "even an insult to shoot them along Bama" mean?

Here are the special NIKE Hyperdunks that the team was wearing with the Maui jerseys:

Hyperdunk_ducks_maui.jpg

BAMA = throwback proven one of the best in a bad year for unis

DUCKS = seems like Nike picked your school as their monkey lab subject but only for the worse experimentations.

1st black on black, now this! + the colors are already difficult enough to work with.

New Southern Illinois Uniforms

New

siu_08.jpg

siu_082.jpg

Old

siu_07-1.jpg

Another school converting to the system of dress. A nice clean look for Salukis out of the Missouri Valley.

Are those numbers screen printed, as opposed to tackle-twill? Look at Booker #22: the sheen on those numbers reminds me of a screen print. I'm sure I'm wrong, however.

yes it looks screen printed or heatsealed

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like the Terrapins now have 4 basketball jerseys. They wore golds against Miami this past Saturday and wore brand new black unis last night at North Carolina. Honestly, these balck unis are far better than the ones they had before

• 3 weeks later...
Well it looks like the Terrapins now have 4 basketball jerseys. They wore golds against Miami this past Saturday and wore brand new black unis last night at North Carolina. Honestly, these balck unis are far better than the ones they had before

With this home winning streak in the "golds" they have basically become the standard home uniform for the Terps. The black will never be work again. They wore black a couple of years ago in the ACC tournament and lost in them and they didn't wear black again up until this year where they lost in them again. It safe to say they are going to be retired for good.

Archived