2008/2009 NCAA Basketball uniforms

chestnutz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is going on with Baylors away uniforms? There is black on them, but you cant see it because of the dark green jersey. The numbers are huge and solid gold. The side panels are huge and klunky...

and they pulled an Oregon with name plates...but no names.

temp.png

Actually Oregon's uniforms have names they are just the same color as the jersey (I don't get it either)

Speaking of Oregon, they pulled out uniforms similar to Dukes new uniforms with some weird pattern on the back. I wish I had my camera because I sat nearly behind the bench and could see it. I haven't seen anything on them though. The pattern looked like the rafters at Mac Court and it had an O in the middle. Also it said Ducks on the front as opposed to the other white uniform that said Ducks down the side but was invisible.

Dayton Flyers are wearing black uniforms vs. intown rival Xavier.

geez when is this black craze going to stop?!?!?! :wacko:

The A-10's Xavier University is located in Cincinnati, OH while The University of Dayton is indeed, in Dayton, OH. How is that intown? Geez!

The A-10's Xavier University is located in Cincinnati, OH while The University of Dayton is indeed, in Dayton, OH. How is that intown? Geez!

s/b instate

Anyway - the black alt is a Nike pre-SOD template, while Dayton's usual togs are now SOD. Go figure.

OHAB104030522_800x600.jpg

0a0270de9d30c9b51bc8d3f794ba53c0.jpg

Also, powder blue and red with black? Somewhere, Jerry Glanville is smiling.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

s/b instate

Anyway - the black alt is a Nike pre-SOD template, while Dayton's usual togs are now SOD. Go figure.

OHAB104030522_800x600.jpg

0a0270de9d30c9b51bc8d3f794ba53c0.jpg

Also, powder blue and red with black? Somewhere, Jerry Glanville is smiling.

Dayton's city limits are very close to Cincinnati city limits... I just drove through there to go to Wright State last weekend. They are just as close as to say... Georgia Tech and Kennesaw State as a local example for me...both considered the same general town, considering Kennesaw/Marietta is near Atlanta.... same deal. Wow that had nothing to do with uniforms... I need to find a geographical knowledge blog...

temp.png

Dayton's city limits are very close to Cincinnati city limits... I just drove through there to go to Wright State last weekend. They are just as close as to say... Georgia Tech and Kennesaw State as a local example for me...both considered the same general town, considering Kennesaw/Marietta is near Atlanta.... same deal. Wow that had nothing to do with uniforms... I need to find a geographical knowledge blog...

That is not true. It takes at least 35 minutes on the interstate to get from Dayton to Cincinnati, if not longer. They are not considered the same town or even the same area. Dayton is part of the Miami Valley, while Cincinnati is not. For media purposes, they are two different markets, meaning there are different television affiliates for each city. Xavier and UC are in town rivals. Xavier and UD are rivals within a relatively short distance from each other, but by no stretch of the imagination would anyone call them cross town rivals.

That is not true. It takes at least 35 minutes on the interstate to get from Dayton to Cincinnati, if not longer. They are not considered the same town or even the same area. Dayton is part of the Miami Valley, while Cincinnati is not. For media purposes, they are two different markets, meaning there are different television affiliates for each city. Xavier and UC are in town rivals. Xavier and UD are rivals within a relatively short distance from each other, but by no stretch of the imagination would anyone call them cross town rivals.

Well technically they are far apart...but I guess in my opinion they are close enough. It takes 35 minutes to get from Atlanta to Marietta (where i live)...then again you guys know how awful Atlanta traffic is.

Also... true whoever just posted...those arent even SoD?! I have never seen a team have two different types of unis

temp.png

Well technically they are far apart...but I guess in my opinion they are close enough. It takes 35 minutes to get from Atlanta to Marietta (where i live)...then again you guys know how awful Atlanta traffic is.

Also... true whoever just posted...those arent even SoD?! I have never seen a team have two different types of unis

San Diego State is currently using two sets of unis. The SOD black unis, and last year's set. Rumor is that there wasn't enough in the budget to get a home and away SOD set, so for this year the SOD is an alternate road uni.

sig.jpg

Archived