throwback helmet

MG helmets

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 3 critiques:

(Keep in mind these are possibly the best pieces of work on this site that I've ever seen. I've been visiting this site multiple times at work each day just to see if there are any new helmets.)

1) I love the sticker effect, as do many others from what I've heard, but I think the bottom darker shaded outlines are a little too dark and/or thick and should be toned down to be more subtle. It's only evident on some of the light colored helments, like Bucco Bruce, white Pats, blue Oilers. The top lighter shaded parts are perfect. Just my opinion, others may not agree.

2) Why is the chin-strap green and striped? (Were they really green?) Even if so, it looks a little fake to me, whereas the rest of it looks like a photo. That part is about the only thing rendered that doesn't look spectacular. I think a plain white chin-strap might look better.

3) Where is my Chargers helmet that I requested yesterday? :rolleyes: I got passed up!

I have 3 critiques:

(Keep in mind these are possibly the best pieces of work on this site that I've ever seen. I've been visiting this site multiple times at work each day just to see if there are any new helmets.)

1) I love the sticker effect, as do many others from what I've heard, but I think the bottom darker shaded outlines are a little too dark and/or thick and should be toned down to be more subtle. It's only evident on some of the light colored helments, like Bucco Bruce, white Pats, blue Oilers. The top lighter shaded parts are perfect. Just my opinion, others may not agree.

2) Why is the chin-strap green and striped? (Were they really green?) Even if so, it looks a little fake to me, whereas the rest of it looks like a photo. That part is about the only thing rendered that doesn't look spectacular. I think a plain white chin-strap might look better.

3) Where is my Chargers helmet that I requested yesterday? :rolleyes: I got passed up!

chargers.jpg

I was going by my source photo on the chinstrap. I never was happy with that and may still play with it.

the sticker effect is very tricky and sometimes it comes out right and sometimes it doesn't. I'll keep that in mind.

I'd like to make another request, if possible...The helmets are listed at "The Helmet Project", so I'll just give you the dates of them...

Mid 70's Oregon helmet and 1980-1982 Oregon State helmet...

My only complaint is the amount of noise on some of the helmets...When I make mine, I fiddle with it, but can't ever seem to get it to look right...I wish Adobe would come up with a way where you can control the color of the noise, so you could make it any color you want...

Great job as always on these...They do look like a photograph...

Thanks,

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I'd like to make another request, if possible...The helmets are listed at "The Helmet Project", so I'll just give you the dates of them...

Mid 70's Oregon helmet and 1980-1982 Oregon State helmet...

My only complaint is the amount of noise on some of the helmets...When I make mine, I fiddle with it, but can't ever seem to get it to look right...I wish Adobe would come up with a way where you can control the color of the noise, so you could make it any color you want...

Great job as always on these...They do look like a photograph...

Thanks,

Mike

There is a way to make the noise what ever color you want I can email you the instructions

Once again, let me say thanks to everybody.

I was just going to post it for a little constructive criticism.

I had no idea I'd get such great comments. I appreciate it.

I do take pride in my work and think I'm pretty good at it, but never expected such a good reaction.

thanks

bama.jpg

Thanks alot man, you are the best, if it isnt to much to ask could you make a red one (#12) flip around from all the other ones, I want to use bot for my background, Thanks in Advance, You are truly the Greatest :D

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived