Wisconsin-Green Bay Football

sc49erfan15

I received a PM asking whether I was going to pick back up with this project, and here and there for the past few days I've been working on this one. UWGB had been on my list for a while, and I was easily able to acquire the vectors.

Since it's my first concept in a while, I'll provide links to the past 43 concepts in case you haven't been around for, well, 3 years or so. ^_^

Winthrop, Vermont, Creighton, Marquette, Gonzaga, Charlotte, Seton Hall, Wichita State, George Mason, Bradley, UNC-Wilmington, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, South Alabama, Pacific, Xavier, Loyola Marymount, St. Joseph's, DePaul, St. John's, Pepperdine, Providence, Alaska-Anchorage, Portland, Charleston, UNC-Asheville, Drexel, Santa Clara,Old Dominion, Long Beach State, Denver, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-Irvine, New Orleans, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, VCU, Saint Louis, San Francisco, George Washington, Belmont, UMBC, Illinois-Chicago, UNC-Greensboro, and Lipscomb.

And...onto the Phoenix of Wisconsin-Green Bay:

UWGBFootball1.png

-Relatively simple and not too flashy, like UWGB's other uniforms. The stripes on the front are meant to be somewhat like Miami's except they don't continue around the back.

-Numbers meant to fit in with the logo font, and beveled as such.

-I created the GB helmet logo, since the Phoenix logo didn't work well at all on the helmet.

Other than that, I got nothin'...would like to hear what you think!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I like the jersies. especially the thin stripe on the pants and how you stayed away from having the all one color jersies which I hate. White pants look so nice. when i saw the GB on the helmet it reminded me of the Green Bay Gamblers hockey logo and the way the letters are arranges is almost exactly the same as them. I think it would be cool to have the Phoenix bird on the helmet with no words. but i like what youve done other than the Gamblers similarity

Very nice... normally I hate beveled number on a football uniform, but you managed to do it in a tasetful way. And I'm loving the "GB" logo. Extra props for not basing it on the Packers uniform (which almost every UWGB football concept I've seen has done).

Thanks for the compliments guys. And there was no way in the world I was going to clone the Packers jerseys with red instead of yellow... it would be too...cheesy. ^_^

Bumping this up to the top, I'm in the process of finishing the next team but would like to get a little more input on this first...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Away set is too white. Maybe green pants or... maroon?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If ever a school was in need of a rename UWGB would be it.

So which do you like? University of Green Bay? Northeast Wisconsin (State) University (NEW U)? (The latter was the idea of someone else on this board, BTW.)

The uniform is well done (good to not emulate the Pack too much), but I generally hate the marshmallow (white jersey/white pants) look. It needs green pants for the road.

I'd suggest a red alt, but with green helmet and white pants, that would look too Oregonesque. That would work only with a white helmet, but I like the green helmet.

Packers-2.png

If ever a school was in need of a rename UWGB would be it.

So which do you like? University of Green Bay? Northeast Wisconsin (State) University (NEW U)? (The latter was the idea of someone else on this board, BTW.)

My ears are burning :D

UGB is good for the simple fact that there's no other UGB's, but it still wouldn't stand out as much as something as quirky and unique as NEWU. But I could easily live with them simply dropping "Wisconsin" from all of the UW schools (except Madison, obviously).

BTW, the uni looks much better with the changes. I think they'd probably look better with white helmets, but I say the same about pretty much every college uni.

:grin: Well, they could become the University of Phoenix ... oops

But seriously, folks...

Not a bad look, although I wish there was a better Phoenix logo to put on the helmet - if you wanted to get really creative, red flames around the bottom of the helmet with the red phoenix rising from them on a green background.

Or maybe the phoenix on the shoulders since you have the numbers on the sleeves...

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived