Monsters of the Gridiron

B-Rich

Oh wow, these take me wayyyyy back. Thanks for posting them.

I remember winning a Randall "Rocketman" Cunningham poster thru a Coke promotion back in '92 or '93. Good stuff, forrr sho! ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

As an LA Rams fan living in Illinois before the internet was readily available, my only source of Rams related anything was football cards and the occasional t-shirt at K-Mart. Not only was the Shane Conlan card a treat, but one of the cooler ones they had.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Pat Swilling was on the Lions? Not sure how I didn't know that, considering I loved him on the Saints.

Yeah...sore subject here in Michigan. The Lions traded their 1993 first-rounder for him. The Saints wound up with some guy named Willie Roaf (you may have heard of him), while Detroit got 30 games and 10 sacks from Swilling.

Pat Swilling was on the Lions? Not sure how I didn't know that, considering I loved him on the Saints.

Yeah...sore subject here in Michigan. The Lions traded their 1993 first-rounder for him. The Saints wound up with some guy named Willie Roaf (you may have heard of him), while Detroit got 30 games and 10 sacks from Swilling.

knowing the Lions, you probably wouldn't have done well with the pick anyway.

If I remember correctly the 1994 Monsters, had a picture of a Jaguars player in the orginal (pre-lawsuit) uniform including the leaping jaguar helmet. I can not remember the player, I just remember being 10 years old and confused because the Jaguars uniforms on TV when thye began play didnt look like the uniform on the card. I just thought maybe it was a "halloween" uniform or something.

~~the dmr~~

Nah, they could at least turn out a few good ones back then, during the Barry Sanders era...Herman Moore, Jason Hanson and Robert Porcher come to mind. It was the late 90's when things started to get really comical.

Nah, they could at least turn out a few good ones back then, during the Barry Sanders era...Herman Moore, Jason Hanson and Robert Porcher come to mind. It was the late 90's when things started to get really comical.

Good point. You could also add Bryant Westbrook to that list, one of my faves until injuries robbed him.

And no, we're not talking about the Eagles halfback - can't tell you how many people think that's the same guy.

I still have mine. I loved the Hardy Nickerson one in the creamcicle Bucs. I think he was a hyena?

Yeah, he was... I found a list of 1994 Monsters , and have put together a partial list of Monsters from 1993. Those in bold were two-time monsters:

1994:

1 Eric The Red (Eric Swann) - Arizona

2 Tarantula (Jesse Tuggle) - Atlanta

3 Big Bear (Cornelius Bennett)- Buffalo

4 Panthers (Carolina Panthers) - Carolina

5 Zorro (Chris Zorich)- Chicago

6 Big Daddy (Dan Wilkinson)- Cincinnati

7 Bad Bone (Eric Turner)- Cleveland

8 Lone Star Sheriff (Emmitt Smith)- Dallas

9 The Bandit (Steve Atwater) - Denver

10 Chillin? (Pat Swilling)- Detroit

11 Ghost (Sean Jones) ? Green Bay