Way Ot: Jessica Simpson

Nesi427

that's way cool.  I actually hear she's not as dumb as they portray her in the show, they just take all of her dumb clips, and whatnot.

Still, if somebody has that many "dumb moments" as often as she does, she's clearly dumb as hell! Don't tell me that she's not as dumb as they portray her because it's pretty obvious.

"whoever she slept with must have thought she was REALLY good"...knowing her beliefs, she probably didn't get there THAT way

How do we honestly know this? Britney Spears said forever that she was still a virgin. I think a lot of artists try to portray themselves as something that they're really not.

apparently you havent heard her sing. Or he hadn't. She was on the radio live her in atlanta, and that gilr, besides being gorgeous, can sing like...  somethign that can sing really, really good.

I don't know what you were hearing but it clearly wasn't Jessica. I cringe everytime I hear her sing.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

A guy I gig with in Denver has recorded and/or performed with (among many others) - Britany Spears, Christina Aguilera, Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson.  He said that Christina was the only one who had any kind of talent, and that in regards to Jessica - "whoever she slept with must have thought she was REALLY good"...knowing her beliefs, she probably didn't get there THAT way (!), but it speaks volumes about her talent.

However - very cool about the breakfast...please don't relay this story to her (!)...

Pantone, I've heard that same thing from a few people. Then again, with pro tools, you don't need to be a stud to make tons of money.

BTW, you do only the hip-hop/R&B thing out in LA or other stuff as well? I know a few guys that used to do a lot of commerical work out there.

Seriously. Jessica can't sing? Thats your stance? Wow. Everytime i've heard her, she sings huge, powerful, full of range and control. My wife watches the show, so I'm in the room a lot, watching her :censored: bounce (yes, both jessica's and my wife's) and they show her at live events, in the hosue, at the studio...

she had an incredibly strong voice. I've NEVER heard the rap about her be that she can't sing.

Damn, i sound like a jessica FAN, here, i'm not particularly.. but geesh, I didnt even know her singing was up for debate.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Quotes i found online, in the past 35 seconds:

Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com

That Jessica Simpson has been groomed to become the next (as well as younger, whiter, and more virginal) Mariah Carey should come as no great shock. Production by slavish imitation is the way it goes these days, and wanting to duplicate Carey's success is understandable. Yet the downside of idol worship (Simpson grew up with the octave-conquering diva as a touchstone) is the loss of unique identity, and sadly that's exactly what has occurred. From the wordless sighs to the mock Spanish guitars added for international appeal, to the overwrought power ballads and faux hip-hop flavored up-tempo cuts, Simpson, who can sing, is a prisoner of by-the-numbers production and songs by the usual pop/R&B-lite suspects. The end result is sonically stellar, but is too close to a generic endeavor that does little to establish Simpson as an artist. Still, Irresistible will no doubt firm up her already serious stats as a rising young star. --Amy Linden

Jessica Simpson

Irresistible

(Columbia)

Jessica Simpson is as wholesome and well adjusted as they come, despite appearing on 'Disney Club' at a tender age along with fellow starlets Aguilera and Spears. This is her second album (at the ripe old age of 21) and it covers all the bases - shiny, digitally rendered funk ("Irresistible", "I Never"), huge power ballads ("There You Were", "When You Told Me You Loved Me") and even a bit of gospel, namely "His Eye Is On The Sparrow". It's what you would expect - a mix of Britney, Christina, Mariah and even Celine, in fact, Ms Dion's usual arranger is brought in to provide extra firepower for the ballads. The standout cut is "Hot Like Fire" which sees Jessica get into Destiny's Child territory - she's been cheated on by her man and gets appropriately annoyed on what is easily the her best performance on the record. The girl can sing, as they say in Texas, which incidentally is where she was brought up. "To Fall in Love Again" morphs from heavy duty ballad into an R'n'B tinged slow jam, showing maybe that there are other opportunities for Ms Simpson other than those on show here. What does she care, anyway... the album's just gone Gold in the States.

Reviewer: Peter Marsh

Jessica Simpson - "In This Skin"

by Stephanie L., Hull, MA

If you only thought you could get a close look into the life of pop star Jessica Simpson by watching her and her husband, Nick Lachey, on their hit series "Newlyweds," then you obviously have not listened to her latest album, "In This Skin."

"In This Skin" accentuates Jessica's beautiful voice with remarkable ballads that showcase her incredible range, as well as fun, up-beat tunes. This Texas native has evolved from an innocent girl next door who released the admittedly cheesy "Sweet Kisses" in 1999 to a stunning, mature songwriter who is taking the world by storm with her passion and world-class pipes.

If you have not heard this release, I strongly recommend you take the time to listen to each track because "In This Skin" is truthfully an album like no other.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

apparently you havent heard her sing. Or he hadn't. She was on the radio live her in atlanta, and that gilr, besides being gorgeous, can sing like...  somethign that can sing really, really good.

Well that's your opinion. But here's mine - based on 27 years experience as a professional musician, including 2 in L.A. as a writer/producer of R&B/Hip Hop.

She is a pretty BAD singer. All head voice...nasal, and absolutely NO control. Typically sings out-of-tune...especially flat. I've worked with literally hundreds of singers who blow her out of the water.

Cute girl though...

Who have you produced??

I (admittingly) watched one of the last episodes, and she had no idea who any of the supremely mainstream groups a girl was naming when they were listening to music, for reasons i dont know, (i was flipping.)

How can a professional pop singer have no knowledge of pop music? She is flat...well her voice is, and her songs are so contrived and cliche, i feel like should be singing in the rain when im listening to her ballads, or maybe, with a stereo playing peter gabriel underneath a young love's window.

But yes, quite beautiful.

Archived