Cleveland wearing throwbacks...

mania

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2af13c127654758f7ad8422a3b359adb-getty-81706041gs004_new_york_gian.jpg

SOME COMPLAINTS:

1) THE LONE WHITE HELMET STRIPE LOOKS SILLY.

2) THE HELMET NUMBERS DO INDEED LOOK LIKE THEY WERE WRITTEN WITH A SHARPIE. THE NUMBERS COULD HARDLY BEEN SEEN ON HDTV, LET ALONE LIVE AND IN PERSON

3) THE THIN PANTS STRIPE... TOO THIN!!!

SOME SOLUTIONS:

1) A TEAM LIKE THE BROWNS HAS NO NEED FOR THROWBACKS... CONSIDERING IT TAKES ONE OF US UNI-DWEEBS TO PERCEIVE ANY DIFFERENCE IN THE JERSEYS, THE BROWNS AREN'T GOING TO REAP ANY MERCHANDISING PROFITS OFF THESE "RETRO" UNIS

2) GO WITH ORANGE PANTS

3) MAKE THE BROWN LIGHTER SO THAT IT LOOKS LIKE BROWN, NOT BLACK!!!

bigger pics of the Browns throwbacks.

40751c5d2c38aa274535c675ceaaebd7-getty-81706041gs003_new_york_gian.jpg

678f5169d19548e7dab9e827374efacf-getty-81706041gs006_new_york_gian.jpg

I have to say that these are a thing of beauty.

Dare I say it? I actually like them better then what they have now....by a mile.

Use current helmet, current pants and add the numbers on the shoulders and you easily have a one of the top 5 looks in the NFL. Or, take the current look and lighten the brown to this shade, remove the AL patch and use the striped socks full time and you get the same thing, one of the best uniforms. It's that simple. Yet, they don't seem to get it.

Sorry, fellas...couldn't resist:

CLEbrownsTBbrown.jpg

(Note: nice-size high-quality photos provide plenty fodder for my Photoshop Phantasy world... ^_^ )

Now gon' and right-click-save y'alls hearts out!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

SOME COMPLAINTS:

2) THE HELMET NUMBERS DO INDEED LOOK LIKE THEY WERE WRITTEN WITH A SHARPIE. THE NUMBERS COULD HARDLY BEEN SEEN ON HDTV, LET ALONE LIVE AND IN PERSON

That's why the uni set was used regularly BACK THEN and only used TODAY for special occasions like thanksgiving. We know it's not fitting but vintage nights are a tribute to past looks. That's the whole point of this vintage craze.

SOME SOLUTIONS:

1) A TEAM LIKE THE BROWNS HAS NO NEED FOR THROWBACKS... CONSIDERING IT TAKES ONE OF US UNI-DWEEBS TO PERCEIVE ANY DIFFERENCE IN THE JERSEYS, THE BROWNS AREN'T GOING TO REAP ANY MERCHANDISING PROFITS OFF THESE "RETRO" UNIS

2) GO WITH ORANGE PANTS

They probably won't sell a ton but a cash grab is a cash grab. You're right about everything else. Also, unlock your cap key next time. <_<

CLEbrownsTBbrown.jpg

(Note: nice-size high-quality photos provide plenty fodder for my Photoshop Phantasy world... ^_^ )

Ah, perfect!!! :winner:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Looks great from the neck down. The helmet doesn't do anything for me at all.

Disagree. I love the clean, neat look of the helmet. I am a staunch Browns fan and supporter or the tradition of the plain, boring uniforms. But the 50's era throwback helmet was outstanding. I hope to see it some more.

CLEbrownsTBbrown.jpg

Brown pants need to be worn with the white socks with the brown and orange stripes.

Or, brown pants need to be NEVER WORN AGAIN!

Having trouble finding one. No joy on NFL.com or SI.

In the absence of a last-minute field goal to win, kickers don't usually get a lot of attention in the game galleries.

The Browns' gallery on this page has one. Hard to make out the sleeve stripes, and the "AL" patch is out of view, but you can clearly see the wordmark.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "AL" on the Browns' sleeves...?

The "AL" is for Al Lerner, the team owner, who died several years ago. The Lerner family still owns the team and has kept the "AL" patch on the sleeve much like the Bears have kept the "GSH" for George Halas. Many, myself included, feel that this should have been a 1-year thing since basically all Al Lerner did was put together the winning ownership group for a team that was guaranteed to Cleveland. Lerner doesn't deserve the same tribute as Halas - without the influence of Halas there wouldn't be an NFL; without Lerner someone else would own this version of the Cleveland Browns.

Having trouble finding one. No joy on NFL.com or SI.

In the absence of a last-minute field goal to win, kickers don't usually get a lot of attention in the game galleries.

The Browns' gallery on this page has one. Hard to make out the sleeve stripes, and the "AL" patch is out of view, but you can clearly see the wordmark.

Yes, that is the only one I could find either. The rest of his unifrom looks like everyone's (no numbers on shoulders, no AL patch, same pants and helmet) except for that apperent wordmark. I can't really make out if it does say Browns but it is so weird that it is there.

SOME COMPLAINTS:

SOME SOLUTIONS:

2) GO WITH ORANGE PANTS

They should wear those thin pant stripe ALL the time.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived