NHL football

BJBerthiaume

I think the Devils would have looked better if you'd used the devil tail on the pants.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like the aves one, but the devils one isn't very good, id retry that

and could you do the lightning next?

Yeah, that Devils one is probably my worst one. I tried to go too far out of the box for that one. I'd would absolutely love to do the Lightning next, my second favorite team!

i mean it was a good idea, it just didn't turn out very good

and congrats on your 500th post

I notice you still primarily use a collegiate block font with too wide of a stroke around it and a very plain and thin font for the names.

I like how you pay close attention to the nuances of some of the hockey sweaters, trying to translate that to football jerseys, but please don't overlook something like the name and number fonts. All teams in a particular league are not going to use the same nameplates and numbers. Just keep that in mind.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

For TB:

Black pants, possibly a black helmet. They are just a really dark team - I think your concept should better reflect that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here are the Lightning. The things on the shoulders are supposed to be lightning bolts, although they didn't come out so well.

TampaBayLightningfootball.png

Blue Jackets next.

Great job on the Lightning, but you are right on the shoulder bolts. What about something like the Chargers have?

chargers_unis.jpg

An arched bolt along the shoulder or something would look great.

Also, instead of the primary logo with the "Tampa Bay" clogging up the helmet logo, try using their alternate...

kshp9ynl7ze9ghwmo924y9tkr.gif

I think that would look GREAT on a helmet.

Also, for the sleeves, add the traditional blue, white, black stripe approach the 2006 jersey used,

n0xiktrz2mffq1ebis9n.gif

DONT FORGET THE UNDERARM STRIPES (one-of-a-kind in the NHL)

and maybe the Tampay word mark above the number like most NFL teams are doing.

p9zar37rr8tt9ongy03jv84nh.gif

Keep going! These things are GREAT!!

bruins3.png

spokedb3.jpg

Here are the Lightning. The things on the shoulders are supposed to be lightning bolts, although they didn't come out so well.

TampaBayLightningfootball.png

Blue Jackets next.

Great job on the Lightning, but you are right on the shoulder bolts. What about something like the Chargers have?

chargers_unis.jpg

An arched bolt along the shoulder or something would look great.

Also, instead of the primary logo with the "Tampa Bay" clogging up the helmet logo, try using their alternate...

kshp9ynl7ze9ghwmo924y9tkr.gif

I think that would look GREAT on a helmet.

Also, for the sleeves, add the traditional blue, white, black stripe approach the 2006 jersey used,

n0xiktrz2mffq1ebis9n.gif

DONT FORGET THE UNDERARM STRIPES (one-of-a-kind in the NHL)

and maybe the Tampay word mark above the number like most NFL teams are doing.

p9zar37rr8tt9ongy03jv84nh.gif

Keep going! These things are GREAT!!

Yeah, I tought about doing all of those things, and I might put an update up here some time, but I would like to finish the rest of the league first.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

This is a crappy edit, but for the pens, I'd suggest using a logo like this on the helmet, only the Penguin would be holding a football.

I'd have suggested using the Hummingbird/Robopen/Whatever it's called instead. As much as most generally dislike it, I think it could work quite well.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived