The beloved Bears are in orange 10/19/2008

Thunderstruk

I love the orange jerseys and knowing the team and Lovie as I do, expect to hear him calling for an orange-out this weekend. Sigh...whatever, when in Rome....

... Yes? Continue...

Haha, I'll give you some love for that reference. As for the Bears, the orange alternate is well put together and pretty nice, but it's not as nice as the blues. So, yeah, it is a downgrade, but it's not much of one and I think a lot of fans like it (my brother is Bears fan and his only jersey is an orange one), so I don't see a problem with wearing it once a year...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From now on it will give us all memories of Lovie Smith's groundbreaking Colander-2 defensive scheme, so there's one problem with future use of the orange.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As for the Bears, the orange alternate is well put together

Until they come out with orange socks to match the jerseys, I can't agree with that. One of the things that, to me, helps complete one of the best looks in the NFL is that, home and road, the sleeve stripes and sock stripes match.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As for the Bears, the orange alternate is well put together

Until they come out with orange socks to match the jerseys, I can't agree with that. One of the things that, to me, helps complete one of the best looks in the NFL is that, home and road, the sleeve stripes and sock stripes match.

Good point. Looking at the pictures, you couldn't be more correct.

Great jerseys in my opinion. Just a nice breath of fresh air, I think it's perfect to wear these twice a season.

33-62535-F.jpg

Nah. Cotch is right; that's a terrible idea. I'd rather see the Ditka Vest than the orange jersey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It seemed like there were alot of fans in the stands wearing the orange jerseys.

Any Chicagoans/Illinois folks here? Are the orange jerseys popular?

It does seem that way. I guess after years and years of navy, the orange allows Bears fans to switch it up.

I saw a great deal on an orange Berrian/Urlacher mixup at TJ Maxx. I think it had 54 on the sleeves, Urlacher's name and Berrian's 80 on the front and back. Weird.

The home jersey has always been among the league's very very best. Why voluntarily wear an inferior uniform? Dumb. So now they can fail to adjust to the opposing offense in orange. Whoo.

As much as I detest the Bears, I am forced to agree. The home uniforms are really sharp. Why they would mess it up with an alt is beyond me.

I feel the same about the Packers.

That much we do agree on. ^_^

Great jerseys in my opinion. Just a nice breath of fresh air, I think it's perfect to wear these twice a season.

33-62535-F.jpg

Nah. Cotch is right; that's a terrible idea. I'd rather see the Ditka Vest than the orange jersey.

Dude, where the hell did you get that pic?

I LOVE IT!!!!

Anyone notice that several of the Bears defensive players had arm stripes on the orange unis that were not evenly spaced? It looked like it was only on the guys that were getting their first or second starts. I was guessing that they were rush jobs on the orange jerseys for these newer guys. Sorry, I don't have any pix.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

33-62535-F.jpg

Dude, where the hell did you get that pic?

I LOVE IT!!!!

I know there's a photography shop on Michigan Avenue, near the Palmer House, that sells this one. Not sure if they have autographed copies of it, though. If you catch Ditka at a Rush game, he's pretty good about autographs. I had him sign my Rush hat the last time I was there.

It's where I sit.

Archived