Tampa Bay Buccaneers to wear orange throwbacks in 2009

Survival79

I been had one of thost t-shirts, patna. And they ain't "ghey".

(And it ain't cost me anywhere near that much, either.)

I'd certainly hope not. I think the $45 t-shirt is a relatively new development. Do you still have yours?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon further review...

...looking at the tag in THAT orange t-shirt, it appears Distant Replays turned that design over to NFL Properties, as the tag has that shield logo on it. The one I have was produced by Mitchell & Ness, and doesn't have that white tag at the bottom. Makes one wonder...and yes, Admiral, I still have mine.

(Might also help explain why that orange appears darker...as well as why it's now $45 when I got mine for $19.99.)

Hormone, I can completely understand your point. I mean hecks...dude IS my blood-kin, after all. Plus, I might be one of the few people around who can tell you who the hell Charles Mincy was. (And btw, I never much cared for Harper--my favorite receiver of that time was The Truth--and you should know who I'm talking about. ^_^) But aside from all that, the biggest issue I have with creamsicle apparel released after the fact is that they can never get the oranges right.

Either way it goes...whatever game the Buccaneers go creamsicle, I'm going full-out. I just have to decide between my Alstott, Nickerson, Dilfer, Brooks, or Sapp jerseys from that era. Decisions, decisions...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

mike-alstott-640x350.jpg

Can't wait, my favorite uniforms will be back, at least for one game..

Same here, I absolutely adore those unis/logo. A large part of my love for the NFL died when Tampa Bay tossed those aside.

If a largely-orange uni is good enough for a college football powerhouse like Tennessee, it's good enough for the NFL.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. Why some of the greatest college programs can use orange so well and pro teams in every sport shy away from it kills me. Especially teams in Florida, where orange is so symbolic of what the state is. I always loved these uniforms. How the University of Miami, Tennessee, Syracuse can make orange look great and teams like the Mets, Knicks, Bucs, etc all shy away from it because it looks bad is beyond me.

I'd guess they'll do it for the Green Bay game, the only home game against a division rival from that era. I wish the vikes were playing there this year.

You are correct, as per a blurb in the St Petersburg Times this morning.

Am I in the minority that doesn't like that they chose the Green Bay game for these throwbacks? I remember thinking even back then that their light orange jerseys were too similar to Green Bay's pants. Too much orange-yellow going on.

Bucs-Cowboys would have been a great looking matchup.

I'd guess they'll do it for the Green Bay game, the only home game against a division rival from that era. I wish the vikes were playing there this year.

You are correct, as per a blurb in the St Petersburg Times this morning.

Am I in the minority that doesn't like that they chose the Green Bay game for these throwbacks? I remember thinking even back then that their light orange jerseys were too similar to Green Bay's pants. Too much orange-yellow going on.

Bucs-Cowboys would have been a great looking matchup.

Nothing against your opinion, but you are in the minority. The Packers were one of the Bucs old division rivals. Out of the Bucs 2009 opponents at home, the ones I would consider would be the Packers. The Bucs really had no history with the Giants or Cowboys. They're planning on inducting a player or coach into their new Ring of Honor that game, so putting it later in the season makes it more of an event.

Wondering if the throwbacks will be the 1976 "all white" uniform combo from that year. The white jerseys with white pants. The team never worn the orange jerseys in 1976 during the regular season. They worn them during the pre-season that year but switched to wearing white jerseys all the time because the team said fans sitting high in the stands could not make out the white numbers on the orange jerseys very clearly. Not sure if their was a suttle change in the color shade of the light orange made in the future years or not. Sidenote: They changed the color of numbers on their white jerseys from orange to red for 1977.

I loooooves me some creamsicles.

The Bucs' old unis are pretty damn sweet too. I loved them back in the day . . . until they started wearing the orange pants. I much preferred the all-whites.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If they're finally wearing these stupid ugly failure-soaked jerseys again, they're probably going all out and wearing the orange ones.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ghey is weak sauce. Besides, gay would have been more appropriate. And I don't mean gay as in bad. I mean gay as in that kind of "pirate".

Though, he should probably take the sword out of his mouth first.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ghey is weak sauce. Besides, gay would have been more appropriate. And I don't mean gay as in bad. I mean gay as in that kind of "pirate".

Though, he should probably take the sword out of his mouth first.

I laughed.

Archived