AHL Concept - Atlantic City Flyers

JQK

As most already know, the Spectrum in Philadelphia is being demolished after this season for the Philadelphia Phantoms of the American Hockey League, leaving them without a home. One of the rumored destinations for the franchise is Atlantic City, NJ. Atlantic City has a heavy Philadelphia sports fan base, and is a short trip from the city itself. Because of this, and with AC's history of poorly supporting local teams, i decided to connect the AHL teams identity more closely with it's NHL parent in an effort to get the Philadelphia sports fan in AC to support the club. So, anyways here's my concept.

AtlanticCityFlyers.png

AtlanticCityFlyers-White.png

AtlanticCityFlyers-Dark.png

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As most already know, the Spectrum in Philadelphia is being demolished after this season for the Philadelphia Phantoms of the American Hockey League, leaving them without a home. One of the rumored destinations for the franchise is Atlantic City, NJ. Atlantic City has a heavy Philadelphia sports fan base, and is a short trip from the city itself. Because of this, and with AC's history of poorly supporting local teams, i decided to connect the AHL teams identity more closely with it's NHL parent in an effort to get the Philadelphia sports fan in AC to support the club. So, anyways here's my concept.

AtlanticCityFlyers.png

AtlanticCityFlyers-White.png

AtlanticCityFlyers-Dark.png

This is sweet! How about the team relocating to Indy! Yes, I know I'm dreaming...

6fQjS3M.png

That's a great idea for a logo; I would never have thought to try and switch the letters because of how well the 'P' was placed in the original.

One criticism I do have for it, though, is that it appears unbalanced. It's too tall and wide right now to work properly.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Very nicely executed, although it kind of reminds me of the Quad City Flames logo (except it feels much less lazy).

Damn it... looking at it, it's almost dead-on for the QC Flames...

Damn....

sB9ijEj.png

Bad to the bone idea (good), but I'd change up the logo. I bet it'd be really wild if you did the same sort of thing with "AC" and the wings, but rather than having the see drooping down at the bottom if you made it slightly smaller and coming off the "A" a big higher up. I'd have to throw together a rough concept to show you what I mean. Really nice work though, mate.

Something just doesn't seem right with that logo. While it's a great concept, it just looks really awkward. My recommendation is to do the AC next to each other, with the bottom right of the A blending seamlessly into the C, and a small gap between the top of the A and the C (so it's one piece, not two separate letters.) Then put four wings on the A, and keep the orange puck in the C like you have now. I think it would tie into the parent club a little better, and look better on the jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Something just doesn't seem right with that logo. While it's a great concept, it just looks really awkward. My recommendation is to do the AC next to each other, with the bottom right of the A blending seamlessly into the C, and a small gap between the top of the A and the C (so it's one piece, not two separate letters.) Then put four wings on the A, and keep the orange puck in the C like you have now. I think it would tie into the parent club a little better, and look better on the jersey.

like this?

AtlanticCityFlyers2.png

AtlanticCityFlyers-White2.png

AtlanticCityFlyers-Dark2.png

sB9ijEj.png

Much less Quad Cities on the second one, ergo, much better. Could you skew it a little bit, though? Also, is it possible to keep the Phantoms purple in there as a trim color? Just so they're not exactly the Flyers.

As most already know, the Spectrum in Philadelphia is being demolished after this season for the Philadelphia Phantoms of the American Hockey League, leaving them without a home. One of the rumored destinations for the franchise is Atlantic City, NJ.

Maybe everything that dies someday comes back.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes, I think that is better. I'm not sure if this will improve it, but have you thought about making the A more slanted on the left, and straight vertical on the right? It may make it worse, but I think that at least the left side of the A needs more of an angle - at least the same angle that the Flyers' P has.

Also - the orange "puck" should have a thicker white outline.

For the jerseys, I'd modify the sleeve slightly so that the body color doesn't extend all the way to the wrist. Maybe go with a black cuff like the last set had, or wrap the sleeve stripe around the wrist.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived