New Pepsi products logos in the works

buzzcut

Coke can probably afford to put a picture of Lamb of God on their cans and still out-sell Pepsi. Because Lamb of God sucks.

I should ban you for that statement alone. :P

Yep. Too offensive.

Sorry. :D Their "singer", well...can't sing. My point was the majority of people who drink Coke don't listen to Lamb of God but Coke would still do better than Pepsi with a picture of Lamb of God on their can. I thought it made sense.

But yeah, sorry, I just can't stand bands like that.

3148831073_34dc0f72c6_o.png

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Mtn Dew bottles hit our Walmart the other day.

Terrible.

I really don't mind the logo they settled on, and the shortened Mtn doesn't bother me either.

But those flying, pointy...points...it really makes me not want to purchase on of my favorite sodas. It just doesn't look good. Joel made a good point about store brand labels not being bad and sometimes being really well designed and classy. I think the Pepsi labels fit that mold. But the new Mtn Dew labels...no. They look like store brand "Mount Xtreme" or something. It's really sad.

I feel like someone spent a lot of time coming up for new logos for these brands, and they did relatively good, but then they just handed the labels over to an intern who got lucky with Pepsi (Gatorade is okay too).

The new Mtn Dew bottles hit our Walmart the other day.

Terrible.

I really don't mind the logo they settled on, and the shortened Mtn doesn't bother me either.

But those flying, pointy...points...it really makes me not want to purchase on of my favorite sodas. It just doesn't look good. Joel made a good point about store brand labels not being bad and sometimes being really well designed and classy. I think the Pepsi labels fit that mold. But the new Mtn Dew labels...no. They look like store brand "Mount Xtreme" or something. It's really sad.

I feel like someone spent a lot of time coming up for new logos for these brands, and they did relatively good, but then they just handed the labels over to an intern who got lucky with Pepsi (Gatorade is okay too).

That's an excellent observation. To put it another way, they look like generic knock-offs of themselves.

I still really like the Pepsi makeover, and (I'm sure I'm in the minority here) I like the "G" image for Gatorade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyone seen Diet MTN Dew or Wild Cherry Pepsi?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyone seen Diet MTN Dew or Wild Cherry Pepsi?

I've seen Diet MTN Dew. It feels a lot like the old Diet Mountain Dew with the grey background and diet on the label. Other then that, you have the pointy things on it and the shortened name.

Wild Cherry Pepsi (or any other Pepsi flavor, for that matter) is a total and complete mystery. It's either they'll do the same thing with Wild Cherry Pepsi that they did for Pepsi and Diet Pepsi or possibly throw out all the flavored Pepsi's in favor of Regular, Diet and Max.

When it all first came out, I hated it. But, I decided to wait it out before passing judgment. The Pepsi redesign and the Gatorade redesign have turned out much, much better than I had anticipated. The Pepsi can almost makes the Coke can look cluttered, but I still love the recent Coke redesign as well. I think as a whole, this is well done. The logo I don't care one way or the other, but it is a bit less predictable and a little more fun to me while still communicating that this can has Pepsi in it. The commercial I just saw during the NFL Playoffs was great, using colors and music that really complemented the logo and incorporating it in a really fun, unique way. Loved it.

Gatorade looks great to me as well. I love the new typeface. It's more universal than the italic futuristic logotypes they've used in the past. The big and bold letterforms are great, and I love the different quotes they've put on the bottles, as well as the color coded caps. The look of Gatorade is that of a healthy water alternative beverage now, rather than the 'for serious athletes only' look it used to sport.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Who has an image of the new logo of the Gatorade. Please post it here.

As found in this thread...

gator001-1.jpg

All the pepsi products where I work in Canada still has the old logos.

Yes, but that's Canada, which is at least 10 years behind the US. I'll bet you're just now debating who's better - NSYNC or Backstreet Boys.

You'll see the new logos in 2019.

:P

Anybody see

new Gatorade commercial? There are also several other variations of it. I think it is pretty good, but I find it funny they never mention or display the word "Gatorade" just "G". I would say this is a bad idea because people who don't know they switched would be like "WTF is this?".

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Anybody see
new Gatorade commercial? There are also several other variations of it. I think it is pretty good, but I find it funny they never mention or display the word "Gatorade" just "G". I would say this is a bad idea because people who don't know they switched would be like "WTF is this?".

It's called a "teaser" campaign, and it's been used for years and years.

Anybody see

It's called a "teaser" campaign, and it's been used for years and years.

Yeah.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Just returned from a Eagles playoff-game party that featured a lot of Pepsi products, all in the new design. I am now officially a fan of the new look, and think that they hit a home run with the whole campaign. Same with the G.

Just returned from a Eagles playoff-game party that featured a lot of Pepsi products, all in the new design. I am now officially a fan of the new look, and think that they hit a home run with the whole campaign. Same with the G.

Welcome to the club. Pepsi's new look is simply fantastic.

Welcome to the club. Pepsi's new look is simply fantastic.

It really is. That commercial really was superb. The only thing I would change so far is the Mtn Dew flying Mtns. It looks ok on a 2 liter, not as good on the cans. I still wish they would have trotted out the first option that was floating about.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived