• Created
  • Last Reply
As ive said before

TYPIN

GLIKE

THISI

SSO9

0's!!!!

Can you name any '90s ad campaigns that used typing like that? Or provide any reason why that is "so '90s"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyonne see the gatorade add in SI?

Here's a quick mock up of the ad

g.png

No lie that's what it looked like

That's it. It didn't say Gatorade or random tough stuff?

Here's a pic I took of the ad:

Next page:

im glad to see there was alot of thought and effort put forth in these ads. i took a computer course back in high school and one of the assignments was to create an ad for a product. if anybody turned in an ad with a letter on a solid back ground or stacked wording, the teacher would have failed that student. he/she would have been told to put a little more effort into the design than just a letter on a solid background. today its an acceptable ad for a pepsi product.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

g.png

Next page:

im glad to see there was alot of thought and effort put forth in these ads. i took a computer course back in high school and one of the assignments was to create an ad for a product. if anybody turned in an ad with a letter on a solid back ground or stacked wording, the teacher would have failed that student. he/she would have been told to put a little more effort into the design than just a letter on a solid background. today its an acceptable ad for a pepsi product.

But the school assignment is more about demonstrating techniques and skills on the computer, not coming up with an actual marketing campaign. I'd venture to say that if the same assignment was given in a marketing class, the G would not only be acceptable, but would be well received (provided it was part of a larger campaign.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Next page:

But the school assignment is more about demonstrating techniques and skills on the computer, not coming up with an actual marketing campaign. I'd venture to say that if the same assignment was given in a marketing class, the G would not only be acceptable, but would be well received (provided it was part of a larger campaign.)

i'm actually curious about the general reaction to the G campaign. I know what we think here but i'm curious about the average joe, assuming the average joe consumer even cares about a solitary G on a label.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I wonder how much they paid for that ad-space to put about 8 letters on 2 pages.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The only difference is the angle on the crossbar, and I could go either way with whether or not it should be the same. But the G is consistent from ad to bottle in both BRING IT and BE TOUGH.

It's a great logo and a great campaign by Gatorade/Pepsi.

To me, I don't think it should be angled at all. It's just how it appears when the lightning bolt is put on top of it.

Can't believe this dropped to the second page.

I'm watching the Flyers game, and it looks like someone forgot to change the Pepsi and Mountain Dew ads on the boards.

Archived