New Pepsi products logos in the works

buzzcut

so heres a pic of the diet pepsi cases

dietpepsicases.jpg

Diet Pepsi Vanilla looks too close to caffeine free pepsi (Diet Pepsi Vanilla is the tan one with the blue print)

also, really not 1 picture of a cherry on the diet pepsi cherry? STUPID!

Do you take photos of the Pepsi aisle every time you go to the grocery store?

Seriously though, we get it. You don't like the direction Pepsi went with their branding. You've only mentioned it a dozen or so times in this thread.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so heres a pic of the diet pepsi cases

dietpepsicases.jpg

Diet Pepsi Vanilla looks too close to caffeine free pepsi (Diet Pepsi Vanilla is the tan one with the blue print)

also, really not 1 picture of a cherry on the diet pepsi cherry? STUPID!

Do you take photos of the Pepsi aisle every time you go to the grocery store?

Seriously though, we get it. You don't like the direction Pepsi went with their branding. You've only mentioned it a dozen or so times in this thread.

yes, when I see something interesting I take a pic of it with my cell phone, lol (only if I always carried my digital camera, lol)

but I just wanted to point out that the packaging looks too similar.

Judging from Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana i think the word of the year is "Generic" as in wanted to regarded as the stores generic brand.

congrats, Sams Choice products now look more exciting than pepsi's. ^_^

You say "Generic", while I say "Simplistic".

Same here, and I don't really think that's a bad thing. I don't see what about a 12 pack with a PEPSI logo on it is generic at all. If there was no Pepsi logo, then maybe but with the logo and everything it looks like Pepsi, not a generic brand.

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't seen new Wild Cherry Pepsi bottles, or any of the other flavors for that matter.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

0228091851a.jpg

New Gatorade Tiger labels and such. (Old to the left for comparison.)

It actually took me about 30 seconds to realize it said "FOCUS". For I second I was thinking "What's that?", which is probably not a good thing.

g4104.png

0228091851a.jpg

New Gatorade Tiger labels and such. (Old to the left for comparison.)

It actually took me about 30 seconds to realize it said "FOCUS". For I second I was thinking "What's that?", which is probably not a good thing.

The fact that you need 30 seconds to read that? You're right - that's not a good thing. Probably has more to do with you than the bottle...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I could understand the kid's issue, it's Fo Cus, not for him. I don't know any dudes named Cus, but if I meet one, I'll let him no that he's got a drink waiting for him.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Judging from Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana i think the word of the year is "Generic" as in wanted to regarded as the stores generic brand.

You want GENERIC?

The New Snapple Packing DEFINES GENERIC!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I'm trying to upload a pic now but I've seen at least the new Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi. It's silver with it fading to Red at the top of the label. So under assumption the Regular Wild Cherry Pepsi will be an all red label

*Edit* Here's the pic

1237392238.jpg

You want GENERIC?

The New Snapple Packing DEFINES GENERIC!!!!

generic: being or having a nonproprietary name <generic drugs> ; having no particularly distinctive quality or application

It can't possibly define generic because generic implies that it's not branded. Snapple is a brand, it says so right on the bottle in big bold letters. There's even a giant S adorned with tea leaves right on the bottle itself, directly above the label, furthur solidifying the brand. To imply that this is generic:

snapple_bottle_v2.jpg

is misinformed at best. At worst, it implies that you are retarded, or just dumb and don't really know your vocabulary.

Thanks for playing.

Personally, I like this trend of going simple and I'm a huge fan of the new pepsi image. I don't need my pepsi can to appear like it's sweating and I could really do without all the bevels and drop shadows and gradients that we all abhor when it comes to sports logos on my beverage packaging. In this "txt tlk" world the essentials need only apply and that's starting to come through in design.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived