New Pepsi products logos in the works

buzzcut

I'm trying to upload a pic now but I've seen at least the new Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi. It's silver with it fading to Red at the top of the label. So under assumption the Regular Wild Cherry Pepsi will be an all red label

*Edit* Here's the pic

1237392238.jpg

Not bad at all. My one complaint about this Pepsi re-brand is the decision to use silver as the base color for the diet products. There's just something weird (at least to me) about drinking Diet Pepsi with a completely silver label. I can't explain why, but it weighs on me a little bit (doesn't stop me from drinking it though.) I think that white, or possibly light blue (or light silverish blue) may have been the better choice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judging from Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana i think the word of the year is "Generic" as in wanted to regarded as the stores generic brand.

congrats, Sams Choice products now look more exciting than pepsi's. ^_^

You want GENERIC?

The New Snapple Packing DEFINES GENERIC!!!!

generic: being or having a nonproprietary name <generic drugs> ; having no particularly distinctive quality or application

It can't possibly define generic because generic implies that it's not branded. Snapple is a brand, it says so right on the bottle in big bold letters. There's even a giant S adorned with tea leaves right on the bottle itself, directly above the label, furthur solidifying the brand. To imply that this is generic:

snapple_bottle_v2.jpg

is misinformed at best. At worst, it implies that you are retarded, or just dumb and don't really know your vocabulary.

Thanks for playing.

It may not be generic, but it sure ain't good.

Judging from Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana i think the word of the year is "Generic" as in wanted to regarded as the stores generic brand.

congrats, Sams Choice products now look more exciting than pepsi's. ^_^

You want GENERIC?

The New Snapple Packing DEFINES GENERIC!!!!

generic: being or having a nonproprietary name <generic drugs> ; having no particularly distinctive quality or application

It can't possibly define generic because generic implies that it's not branded. Snapple is a brand, it says so right on the bottle in big bold letters. There's even a giant S adorned with tea leaves right on the bottle itself, directly above the label, furthur solidifying the brand. To imply that this is generic:

%7Boption%7D

is misinformed at best. At worst, it implies that you are retarded, or just dumb and don't really know your vocabulary.

Thanks for playing.

Ah, calling others retarded. How excellent. You're a good man. So level headed and intelligent. I wish i could be like you. All i do it tell others that they eat puppies...

I do like the new Snapple bottle. I like the new wordmark and the lable. Simple is usually always better, and in this case it is.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I do like the new Snapple bottle. I like the new wordmark and the lable. Simple is usually always better, and in this case it is.

Agreed.

That also sums up my major problem with the Pepsi rebrand. Three different primary logos for Diet, Regular and Max is the opposite of "simple." Had they fixed that - settled on one dynamic globe and applied it across the brand instead of implying that some of their sodas will make you fatter than others - I'd really like the new scheme.

That re-branding is just atrocious.

If you're referring to the Snapple rebrand, please explain. I really don't see what's so 'atrocious' about it. (Then again, many on this board throw 'amazing' and 'atrocious' and other such grand descriptive words around far too carelessly.) It may be a little underwhelming, but along the same lines, it's simple yet has the proper serifs and flourishes to make it appear both modern and old-timey. I really like the wordmark for that. I also like the sunburst. As corny or offbeat as this sounds: the bee, the tree and the sunburst make me think of morning in the country. Perhaps that's part of what they were going for? Drinking Snapple is a simple pleasure like the sunrise in the country?

I like this rebrand.

• 2 weeks later...

From Uniwatch...

Notice anything funny about this can?

3415300272_dfcef7e665.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Keep looking.

(though you might be right about that - in which case, there's two things funny about the can.)

Bingo.

Though Patsox pointed out what is possibly an even more obscure oversight.

Yet another reason that multiple "smiles" are unnecessary and confusing.

Bingo.

Though Patsox pointed out what is possibly an even more obscure oversight.

Yet another reason that multiple "smiles" are unnecessary and confusing.

The old logo on the can seems like a major oversight, considering it's maybe an inch above the other one. I don't think the new logo is the Pepsi Max one though, the smile extends much further upward on the Max logo.

image_pepsimax_new1.gif

You know what I notice? Why does pepsi have a phillies can? coke is the phillies sponser, and citizens bank park sells coke products (unless they changed)

and hell coke did their own can back in november

cokecansbottles.jpg

Pepsi's the official soft drink of MLB. Regardless of which team won the Series, Pepsi would've made a can, I'd assume.

You know what I notice? Why does pepsi have a phillies can? coke is the phillies sponser, and citizens bank park sells coke products (unless they changed)

and hell coke did their own can back in november

cokecansbottles.jpg

Pepsi's the official soft drink of MLB. Regardless of which team won the Series, Pepsi would've made a can, I'd assume.

Ah it all makes sense now, lol

Its cool tho that there is a coke and pepsi version.

Pepsi "Champions" Can > Coke "Champions" Can.

Coke Zero bottle posted above > every other mainstream soda bottle I've ever seen.

Archived