New Pepsi products logos in the works

buzzcut

Does anyone know if Mtn Dew Code Red will be rebranded?

I see new mtn dew cans, but old code red cans.

I haven't seen code red for years ... they still sell it?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know if Mtn Dew Code Red will be rebranded?

I see new mtn dew cans, but old code red cans.

I haven't seen code red for years ... they still sell it?

They sure do.

Livewire as well. Some places year-round (here in MN), some places just summa summa summa time.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Maybe, if you're drinking Lemon Pepsi and Vanilla Coke. Otherwise, I'm not sure most would agree with that.

Saw it on one of those Food Network shows. Blame them and what they said.

While Food Netword is generally accurate, sometimes you have to watch the entire show to get the context of their statements. Some of the researchers favor the tastes of whoever's hosting the show (Bobby Flay/Paula Deen/Mario Batalli, etc.) Marc Summers used to be the guy hosting DoubleDare on Nickelodeon back in the day. He basically pitches whatever special food they wan on the "history of x" or whatever the show he's doing is....

I say all that to say that regular Coca-Cola and regular Pepsi have basically no flavoring except caramel. What makes them different is that C starts from a caramel base, while P starts from a clear base. Hence the P-Clear we got a few years back. It's also how we got P-Blue, the only soda in the P line I really liked, although I can actually stand Wild Cherry Pepsi every blue moon or so. Something about the artificial cherry seems to make all cherry sodas really good, and has the added effect of killing any diet aftertaste in the diet versions - go figure.

And Pepsi is sweeter-tasting, ounce for ounce than Coke is, just check out the testing by the research groups. (I'll leave it to you to look up.)

But either way, to get back on topic - the new Pepsi logos are trash. They say nothing. The original yin/yang logo was the best one for their brand in my opinion. I also don't like the new MD logos either. I liked the late 1980-90's era stuff the best.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Saw the new Diet Pepsi packaging today and saw a student drinking a Pepsi with the new logo.

So I guess it has made it's way into Canada now.

Yep, they have arrived in Canada.

However, what I've seen was a bit odd. There's a supermarket that's selling cases of 24 Diet Pepsi cans with the new logo, yet the packaging is labeled with the old logo.

Saw the new Diet Pepsi packaging today and saw a student drinking a Pepsi with the new logo.

So I guess it has made it's way into Canada now.

Yep, they have arrived in Canada.

However, what I've seen was a bit odd. There's a supermarket that's selling cases of 24 Diet Pepsi cans with the new logo, yet the packaging is labeled with the old logo.

I've seen that when I was working in a liquor store a few years back. They run out of labels before they run out of boxes so they decide to not watse money and use the boxes.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Was in shop rite today, and they had Dr Pepper in the bad ass contour 2 liter!

I didnt get it tho, 2 liter crush was only 79 cents.

update: seems like all coke products 2 liters are going to look that way. Ive seen fanta, sprite zero, coke cherry zero, dr pepper (reg and diet) and of course coke, I say its awesome lookin, and probably saves them money on labels (since its like half the size now)

Finally getting the new design in Edmonton. Started with Diet Pepsi 2L and cans over the last few weeks, but today saw the regular Pepsi 2L.

Seeing it in person is a bit different than I expected. Usually, when you see a label, the real label has a lot of extras on it (especially in Canada with French labelling). This label is very sparse, and it takes a bit to get used to. Overall, though, except for the different globe designs, I like it.

Finally getting the new design in Edmonton. Started with Diet Pepsi 2L and cans over the last few weeks, but today saw the regular Pepsi 2L.

Seeing it in person is a bit different than I expected. Usually, when you see a label, the real label has a lot of extras on it (especially in Canada with French labelling). This label is very sparse, and it takes a bit to get used to. Overall, though, except for the different globe designs, I like it.

If they just kept the globe the same, it would be fantastic.

That new Coke 2-Liter is effin sweet!

image_7179558.jpg

Those are going to look sweet for making pop-bottle rockets! (Do they still do that in science class? It was like 7th grade I think)

I was thinking the same thing. We have to make one for physics next week I think.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring this back from a two-month sleep (EDIT: Crap! One year and two month sleep! Oops! Sorry!), but I thought this was significant enough, considering it's Pepsi's first departure from the generic look they went to. Pepsi Max branding looks like it's echoing pictures I've seen from other countries' Pepsi Max, black with blue explosions (?) around the globe/smile and a big red "Max."

Just saw a new commercial yesterday and spotted a new bottle today. Is this the beginning of the end for the simplified look? Or is it just for Max?

pepsi-max-main-bg-landing.jpg

Looks similar to this, which Wiki says is the UK version, complete with old globe and font:

150px-Pepsi_Max_UK.jpg

Eddie J's photo from earlier in the thread, showing the last three U.S. Pepsi Max logos on one store shelf (plus a bonus Pepsi One, which has yet to be redesigned as far as I know. Kept thinking it would be phased out after Max took it's look.):

pepsimaxoi5.jpg

I'm impressed with how Pepsi's marketing team handled all of these crossovers. The new logo looks amazing and believe it or not reels me in more sometimes than Coke. Now all they need is to bring back Mtn Dew Ptch Blk. I figured I'd try and update it a bit. :rolleyes:

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived