buzzcut

New Pepsi products logos in the works

Call me crazy, but I like it. To me it fits their brand. Pepsi markets itself and young and hip. In contrast, Coca Cola's look and brand is traditional and classic. Unchanging. I like that the ball is not overlapped with words.

The only thing I don't like is that the blue part of the ball in the Pepsi Max logo is black. Did anyone notice the white space of the ball changes with the brand. Skinniest for diet. Medium for regular and thickest for Max?

I like it too. It certainly sets pepsi apart from Coke as far as generational differences. The product design is super clean, and I love the effective use of the "white space" on the cans. If I had never tasted either product, I would buy a pepsi before buying a Coke.

I had hesitancy after seeing the original article with just the logo.

But the Pepsi rebrand is very well done. I like it.

It's some of their other products (Mountain Dew and Sierra Mist) that aren't impressing me thus far.

That second link, shows this

6-pepsi-102708.jpg

Someone messed up with the "1987" logo as thats the 1998 logo!

Pepsi had such a great script in 1950 that curved perfectly with the White part of the 1962 bottle cap. Why not just bring that script back and put it in the circle, like the inexplicably straight type is in 1971? Why would they fill a curved space with flat type in the first place? And then, why change the curved area into a smile? There was such a better solution, but then again, maybe this will catch on with consumers.

Maybe it's because I grew up with it, but the 1971 logo is my favorite. Everything has been a change, but not an improvement.

I wasn't even alive in the 70s but I completely agree with you. I actually really like the 1971 logo. It's modern enough and classic enough to be different from Coke.

That second link, shows this

6-pepsi-102708.jpg

Someone messed up with the "1987" logo as thats the 1998 logo!

Pepsi had such a great script in 1950 that curved perfectly with the White part of the 1962 bottle cap. Why not just bring that script back and put it in the circle, like the inexplicably straight type is in 1971? Why would they fill a curved space with flat type in the first place? And then, why change the curved area into a smile? There was such a better solution, but then again, maybe this will catch on with consumers.

Maybe it's because I grew up with it, but the 1971 logo is my favorite. Everything has been a change, but not an improvement.

I wasn't even alive in the 70s but I completely agree with you. I actually really like the 1971 logo. It's modern enough and classic enough to be different from Coke.

I was born in 1981 and I remember the 1971 from when I was a kid. The one that's marked "1987" wasn't around at least until the 90's. Maybe it is nostalga, but the 1971 version is the most timeless to me.

That said, the '71 version is the only one I like better than the '08 version. I agree with what someone else said about Pepsi's niche being that it's more "hip" than Coke and the '08 version plays into that while looking like a natural evolution of the Diet Pepsi bottles/cans from the late 70's/early 80's.

WTF did they do to my Sierra Mist!?

Mtn Dew failed epically.

However, I actually would really like the new Pepsi bottles and cans if they used to old globe.

WTF did they do to my Sierra Mist!?

Mtn Dew failed epically.

However, i actually would really like the new Pepsi bottles and cans if they used to old globe.

Here's a visual.

Whatpepsishouldhavedone.png

I agree. The new wordmark is good. Mountain Dew's change is also okay. But they change their image every something years so I never notice nor care. It's always well done though imo. But the Pepsi globe kept the same shape thoughout it's entire existence. The word pepsi that was once in the middle does not count, the shape of the wave is what really matters. That was their identity. I believe that if they simply kept the globe intact, the name of this thread would not be FAIL!

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: Yet another example of a brand switching from royal blue to navy blue. Guess they thought if it worked for every single sports team it'd work for them too

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: Yet another example of a brand switching from royal blue to navy blue. Guess they thought if it worked for every single sports team it'd work for them too

pepsi133.JPGpc143m.JPG

Pepsi was using navy already.

You call that navy?

mockba...

i see your sig, what do you think of the mtn dew thing?

The "MTN DEW" logo is making me reconsider drinking it.

New Pepsi wordmark is cool, I like the wavy E, but why in the blue hell did they get rid of the iconic wavy globe?

Mountain Dew becoming Mtn Dew? Only one reply fits this - WTF?

Epic Fail Pepsi. Epic F'ing Fail.

I look at the identity change as a whole... and I don't think it's that bad at all. I like.

I think the Sierra Mist can is kinda cool, but the Mtn Dew is lame.

I like the new pepsi font, but the old globe is better. I going to go ahead and say it. I like the mountain dew logo. Sierra Mist I could care less

I like the new pepsi font, but the old globe is better. I going to go ahead and say it. I like the mountain dew logo. Sierra Mist I could care less

I agree with what you said 100%.