Danbury Mint Stadium Replicas

BBTV

Anyone have any Danbury Mint replicas? If so, if you could comment on the overall quality in terms of durability, authenticity (how accurate is the stadium), and also (probably most importantly) the quality of the logos and team colors used. I've seen a bunch of these that look like they're not officially licensed, so the manufacturer just used a "close enough" color, and a logo that looks like it was designed by [enter name of anyone whose concepts you think suck].

It looks like Danbury Mint does the best job with these, but I'm trying to decide if they're worth the $75 + S/H.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They are durable (so long as you dont handle them like loaf of bread) and spot-on accurate. I have the Giants Stadium and large Yankee Stadium. Both are remarkable.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I have 4 different ones, and although I've never been to three of the stadiums (Polo Grounds, Ebbetts, old Yankee Stadium) I can say from pictures I've seen, they are quite accurate. They are also very well made, although some do have weak parts (i.e. flagpoles, ticket booths, light fixtures). As long as you're not putting anything on top of them, they're fine.

So then the logos are the real deal?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have 4 different ones, and although I've never been to three of the stadiums (Polo Grounds, Ebbetts, old Yankee Stadium) I can say from pictures I've seen, they are quite accurate. They are also very well made, although some do have weak parts (i.e. flagpoles, ticket booths, light fixtures). As long as you're not putting anything on top of them, they're fine.

Yeah, sometimes the flagpoles and lighting are crooked. You can send them in though and get new stadiums if something is broken and they don't mind. I got the RCA Dome and the Super Bowl banner fell off the roof, and I sent it back and got a perfectly good stadium.

Tf9TG.jpg

I've got the Denver trifecta (New Mile High, Coors Field, and Pepsi Center in Avalanche configuration), and all are incredibly durable and incredibly accurate. As was said above, the most fragile bits are things like flag poles, so just don't let them near the kids or anything. But it's a fantastic investment.

And to answer your question about logos/colors, I've never really noticed anything being "off". So if they do go with something that is just "close enough", it's a close enough that is close enough for me :) .

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

It looks like they're missing a lot of the flag poles in Citizens Bank Park, but maybe it's just the size of the image that's making it look that way. I'm going to order one of these, either Citizens Bank Park or Lincoln Financial Field (which features logos, which is why I was asking about that.) After looking at all of the baseball stadiums they offer, I'm kind of wishing that I never stumbled upon their site, because now I want to buy every NL park!

Second note - looking at the stadiums from the angles that they feature them on their site, it just confirms my feelings that retractable-dome stadiums (along with full domes) just suck (with the possible exception of Safeco, since it appears to be more like a retractable covering over a real baseball stadium, not a full enclosure.) All of the football ones (especially Reliant) look like crap.

Anyone have any Danbury Mint replicas? If so, if you could comment on the overall quality in terms of durability, authenticity (how accurate is the stadium), and also (probably most importantly) the quality of the logos and team colors used. I've seen a bunch of these that look like they're not officially licensed, so the manufacturer just used a "close enough" color, and a logo that looks like it was designed by [enter name of anyone whose concepts you think suck].

It looks like Danbury Mint does the best job with these, but I'm trying to decide if they're worth the $75 + S/H.

I have two - Oriole Park and Memorial Stadium (Baltimore). I would strongly suggest securing them to the shelf if in a room with a subwoofer. Memorial Stadium took an unfortunate fall during an intense flying scene in "Flight of the Phoenix." The second level and a light standard experienced significant damage. I thought of putting a small airplane in the spot as the damage is close to where an actual plane crashed into the upper desk after a Colts game in the 70's. Anyhow, both yards are now double sided taped on the underneath side to keep them in place.

• 5 years later...

Sadly, since this thread began six years ago, Danbury Mint has ceased production of stadium replicas. As a result, some have skyrocketed in price, especially those that were produced in fewer quantities. By searching ebay pretty much every single day for the past three or four years, I was finally able to get all the ones I wanted at a decent price, with "decent" being defined as "quite a bit more than the release price, but quite a bit less than I've seen others pay".

I really wish another company would pick up and start making these. If I understand correctly, these weren't actually manufactured by Danbury Mint, but by some other company. I have no idea what led whomever to stop making them, though.

For more reading about these, there is a really long and informative thread at Baseball Fever.

George Bush was still President when this thread came to an end. Obama hadn't been elected yet. The financial crisis had just started.

One day PhantomDreamer's "Does this really need to be posted??" mental switch will turn on.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived