Danbury Mint Stadium Replicas

BBTV

George Bush was still President when this thread came to an end. Obama hadn't been elected yet. The financial crisis had just started.

One day PhantomDreamer's "Does this really need to be posted??" mental switch will turn on.

Yet you're the one who replied too.

Sadly, since this thread began six years ago, Danbury Mint has ceased production of stadium replicas. As a result, some have skyrocketed in price, especially those that were produced in fewer quantities. By searching ebay pretty much every single day for the past three or four years, I was finally able to get all the ones I wanted at a decent price, with "decent" being defined as "quite a bit more than the release price, but quite a bit less than I've seen others pay".

I really wish another company would pick up and start making these. If I understand correctly, these weren't actually manufactured by Danbury Mint, but by some other company. I have no idea what led whomever to stop making them, though.

For more reading about these, there is a really long and informative thread at Baseball Fever.

Danbury Mint still sells them but many have been discontinued.

George Bush was still President when this thread came to an end. Obama hadn't been elected yet. The financial crisis had just started.

One day PhantomDreamer's "Does this really need to be posted??" mental switch will turn on.

Yet you're the one who replied too.
To tell you that you didn't need to reply to a thread that was dead for 6 years, to tell us basically nothing. Bringing back dead ancient threads is a pet peeve on these boards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
14 hours ago, Baseballcardafficianado said:

Can anyone help me with ideas of how to pack a stadium replica without damaging the flags 

I don't have the box. 

Thank you  

I take it you don't have the original packaging?

If not I'd use a piece of Styrofoam and build a void space to protect the flags and light standards as best you can. I did so with my Petco Park model and it came through a move in good condition.

Archived