Best NCAA Logos

ilovenj

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm a huge fan of traditional logos when it comes to the NCAA.

So I'm gonna have to say the Texas Longhorns' logo or the USC interlocking SC.

I also really like Virginia Tech's VT logo.

And of course Florida State's arrow logo is probably my favorite.

They are all very simple and traditional, easy to identify logos.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Just based on logo and nothing else I really like the Akron Roo logo and UC Irvine's anteater logo.

Also love the Fl St helmet logo

Classic and more plain logo I love the Michigan block M(without the text through it) but have often wished they would come up with a cool secondary logo with a wolverines head like Utah Valley State has... it is another one of my favorite logos.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Just based on logo and nothing else I really like the Akron Roo logo and UC Irvine's anteater logo.

Classic and more plain logo I love the Michigan block M(without the text through it) but have often wished they would come up with a cool secondary logo with a wolverines head like Utah Valley State has... it is another one of my favorite logos.

Louisville Cardinals

LouisvilleCardinals.jpglouisvillelogo.png

or....

DePaul Blue Demons

180px-DePaulBlueDemons.png6550-1.gif

I like the iconic letter logos best. The Notr Dame "ND" is great and simple. And while the Gopher is too cartoony for me, Minnesota's "M" looks great. Loyola University Chicago had a great letter logo in the 70s, when my dad taught there. I wish I could find it.

As far as pic logos, Texas is great, the late lamented Chief Illiniwek is great, and I also like the USC helmet logo.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Louisville Cardinals

LouisvilleCardinals.jpglouisvillelogo.png

A Cardinal with teeth = weird.

Gotta go with the home team:

ziphlogo.jpg

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

In no particular order (and not considering letter logos):

-UT's Longhorn head logo (simple and classic)

-ASU's Sparky the Sun Devil logo (it just makes me smile whenever I see it haha)

-UMiami's old Sebastian the Ibis w/ the pipe logo (in retrospect, it's actually pretty crudely drawn IMO, but it was one of the first college logos I remember seeing as a kid, so I guess it's mainly nostalgia talking)

-Notre Dame's Leprechaun logo (just really fun looking esp. with its overly long arms poised for a fight)

-San Jose State's Spartan helmet logo (I like the design itself, but it kinda has that "too cool" feel to it that I usually don't go for in college logos b/c it makes it seem too "distant" and lacking in personality in regards to the school)

-North Texas's new green eagle logo (it has a retro feel to it, but it's also really slick and streamlined)

In general, I prefer the old, classic logos and not those newer "corporate" looking logos with all the sharp angles, shadowing, and heavy outlines. The newer type ones just lack personality, something I feel is important for college's to have.

Archived