Best NCAA Logos

ilovenj

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just based on logo and nothing else I really like the Akron Roo logo and UC Irvine's anteater logo.

Also love the Fl St helmet logo

Classic and more plain logo I love the Michigan block M(without the text through it) but have often wished they would come up with a cool secondary logo with a wolverines head like Utah Valley State has... it is another one of my favorite logos.

Gotta go with the home team:

ziphlogo.jpg

ya thats an awesome logo

and the full body is just as good

7275.gif

Love Chief Illiniwek.

Also, love North Dakota.

NorthDakotaFightingSioux.gif

Couldn't agree more!

Boo, those racist Native American logos have no business being mentioned among the best.

Call me a homer, but what about one of the cleanest, sexiest, and most recognizable logos in the NCAA:

175px-OregonDucks.png

in my opinion:

NJIT Highlanders

Belmont Bruins

UL Laffayette Ragin' Cajuns

Buffalo Bulls

High Point Panthers

Duquense Dukes

Seton Hall Pirates

Hampton Pirates

Providence Friars

Southern Jaguars

Oregon State Beavers

Towson Tigers

Vanderbilt Commodores

Not in any order

The EDIT tool is your friend.

Second the vote for Illinois.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Love Chief Illiniwek.

Also, love North Dakota.

Couldn't agree more!

Boo, those racist Native American logos have no business being mentioned among the best.

Call me a homer, but what about one of the cleanest, sexiest, and most recognizable logos in the NCAA:

175px-OregonDucks.png

As an American of (some) Native descent I feel no racism in the logo. I am happy that my heritage has been remembered rather than forgotten as so much has been taken away throughout history.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Love Chief Illiniwek.

Also, love North Dakota.

Couldn't agree more!

175px-OregonDucks.png

The Chief Illiniwek logo represents the decoration, symbolism, and importance of a Chief in Native American Culture, not the person. (I graduated from there.)

The North Dakota Logo is a simple, non-cartoon profile of a human being. Regardless of past discrimination, Notre Dame's Leprachaun, Wake Forest's Demon Deacon, and Purdue Pete are much more "racist" by the "stereotype" or derogatory depiction argument since they are cartoons. Just because there is historically frequent discrimination against a particular heritage does not automatically make any outside representation of it "racist". I'm not saying it doesn't happen cleveland indians but in these cases- no.

Best Logo- Bevo.

The North Dakota Logo is a simple, non-cartoon profile of a human being. Regardless of past discrimination, Notre Dame's Leprachaun, Wake Forest's Demon Deacon, and Purdue Pete are much more "racist" by the "stereotype" or derogatory depiction argument since they are cartoons. Just because there is historically frequent discrimination against a particular heritage does not automatically make any outside representation of it "racist". I'm not saying it doesn't happen cleveland indians but in these cases- no.

Best Logo- Bevo.

A muscular guy with a hammer is a derogatory depiction of a Boilermaker (a metal-worker)?!?!? If you try to claim this is more racist than an Indian mascot then you're out of your mind. :huh:

Archived