Front Fight Strap?!?!?!?!

Neon_Matrix

About two weeks ago I attended a Peterborough Petes game against the Windsor Spitfires. Located right at the entrance into the team shop is a display case which usually features various jerseys ranging from game worn to other random goodies (apparently every one is owned by the manager of the store). Looking at the selection this year I noticed some very strange, something I have NEVER seen before, and trust me, I have seen A LOT of random game worn jerseys. This jersey was from the 1996-97 season and featured a unique piece of tailoring - a fight strap on the FRONT.

Yes, you read it right, on the front. I cannot tell you whether there was also one on the back but I am assuming there is. What I would like to know is what the origin of this is. Whether it was some kind of prototype jersey to try and cut down on players getting their jerseys pulled over their heads from behind (??) or whether it was something custom ordered by this player. Either way, I have no idea. I am tempted to send them an email asking about that jersey but I thought I'd ask some of you guys first if you have ever seen this before from any other team, specifically OHL.

(also notice the nifty 40th anniversary patch!!)

02-10-08_1843.jpg

02-10-08_1841.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I saw this topic and thought it was about a jersey I found on ebay earlier this week. There is an Andrei Nazarov Game Worn Phoenix Coyotes from the LA Kings Wayne Gretzky Jersey retirement on ebay right now. Weird this would come up twice in one week. The front fight strap on this jersey is actually just a snap that goes into the suspender snap spot inside the belt of the hockey pants, to help keep the jersey tight in place during a fight I would assume. At first I was thinking a the front fight strap would be like the one posted by neon and that the bunch up on the jersey was a repair, but that didn't make sense since it was a one game jersey, so I emailed the seller to get a better picture. It seems to me a fighter who really wants to keep his jersey in place would go the actual fight strap on the front, plus it looks better aesthetically.

Picture115.jpg

Picture620.jpg

SEAsig.png

I saw this topic and thought it was about a jersey I found on ebay earlier this week. There is an Andrei Nazarov Game Worn Phoenix Coyotes from the LA Kings Wayne Gretzky Jersey retirement on ebay right now. Weird this would come up twice in one week. The front fight strap on this jersey is actually just a snap that goes into the suspender snap spot inside the belt of the hockey pants, to help keep the jersey tight in place during a fight I would assume. At first I was thinking a the front fight strap would be like the one posted by neon and that the bunch up on the jersey was a repair, but that didn't make sense since it was a one game jersey, so I emailed the seller to get a better picture. It seems to me a fighter who really wants to keep his jersey in place would go the actual fight strap on the front, plus it looks better aesthetically.

Thanks for that update! Good to know the jersey I saw isn't the only one like that in existence. I thought about a fighters jersey (I really don't know much about the player who wore it) but I was not sure. I sent the pics to Paul Lukas and hopefully he'll post them and we could get some more answers.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived