2008 World Series

Swiss

One positive from last night: In between one of the later innings, the Phillies ballgirls came out on top of the visiting dougout and danced around with the Phantatic. The ballgirl outfits are basically tight Phillies uniforms, but with pinstriped short shorts instead of pants. Needless to say, it was pretty cool to watch them out there shaking they azz in the rain.

You got pics of you and other dudes drinking beer, but NOT wet girls in tight-ass baseball uniforms, complete with short shorts, dancing in the rain?

Your clevery of getting inside the game may be the only thing keeping you from having your Dude Membership revoked.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One positive from last night: In between one of the later innings, the Phillies ballgirls came out on top of the visiting dougout and danced around with the Phantatic. The ballgirl outfits are basically tight Phillies uniforms, but with pinstriped short shorts instead of pants. Needless to say, it was pretty cool to watch them out there shaking they azz in the rain.

You got pics of you and other dudes drinking beer, but NOT wet girls in tight-ass baseball uniforms, complete with short shorts, dancing in the rain?

Your clevery of getting inside the game may be the only thing keeping you from having your Dude Membership revoked.

Last night I was in right-center field (next to the bullpens) and the ballgirls were on the third-base dougout. Not really a good photo op... though I guess I could have taken a shot of the video board. My bad.

EDIT: Wait a minute - you propose TO A DUDE PRETENDING TO BE A GIRL on an internet message board, and you're talking about revoking someone's dude membership card :wacko:

:D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Last night I was in right-center field (next to the bullpens) and the ballgirls were on the third-base dougout. Not really a good photo op... though I guess I could have taken a shot of the video board. My bad.

EDIT: Wait a minute - you propose TO A DUDE PRETENDING TO BE A GIRL on an internet message board, and you're talking about revoking someone's dude membership card :wacko:

:D

Yes, but at the time, I (including everyone else) was under the impression that she was a hot female gymnast.

I was duped. You were a dope.

;)

(jk)

Ok, here's my glass half full outlook for the Phils...

1) Treating the continuation of the game as a new game, the Phils automatically have an extra half inning on offense

2) The Phils still have home field

3) The Phils can wait out the storm at home. The Rays are road weary, and stuck in a hotel 40 miles away

4) Assuming Hamels doesn't continue, the Phils can plug any bench player into the leadoff spot, and there won't be the automatic "thrown into the game" situation

5) Just being in the area for this length of time, the team from Florida's going to be a lot more uncomfortable

6) Calling the game earlier and handing the trophy over to the Phils would have put an * on the win. At least this way there won't be any doubt should they pull it off

Fortunately for the Phils, the forecast for Wednesday night isn't quite as daunting as tonight. That said, Bud Selig had better hope it holds up. I know he said he'd wait until Thanksgiving to finish the game in Philly if he had to, but the longer this drags on the more likely we won't see favorable baseball conditions there until next April, and the more pressure he's going to be under to just get on with the series, even if the rest of Game 5 has to be played somewhere else. I doubt he'd give the Rays an extra home game in the series, but part of me keeps expecting to hear news that Selig has contacted his old club regarding the availability of Miller Park sometime this weekend...

CCSLC signature.png

Me and some were down there last night to hang out in the parking lot and watch from the outside. I am still bummed because of the rain there last night, although it was a great time still. I'll definitely be back down there tomorrow.

We saw someone try to climb in by the one ramp. He almost got in, was at the top of the fence, but a cop from the inside made him jump down. He was swarmed by the security, but he somehow got out of it and booked to the parking lot. Props to him.

Amateur.

Yeah sorry for not acknowledging your feat. That is amazing for a regular season game, but for the World Series? Congrats to you.

I should've looked in some trash cans for a ticket because people were saying, for some insane reason, they got rid of the game ticket and now are screwed.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Me and some were down there last night to hang out in the parking lot and watch from the outside. I am still bummed because of the rain there last night, although it was a great time still. I'll definitely be back down there tomorrow.

We saw someone try to climb in by the one ramp. He almost got in, was at the top of the fence, but a cop from the inside made him jump down. He was swarmed by the security, but he somehow got out of it and booked to the parking lot. Props to him.

Amateur.

Yeah sorry for not acknowledging your feat. That is amazing for a regular season game, but for the World Series? Congrats to you.

I should've looked in some trash cans for a ticket because people were saying, for some insane reason, they got rid of the game ticket and now are screwed.

I also heard about that. It seemed like everyone at my work seemed to know "someone" who's stub got soaked by the third inning, so they just tossed it. That's about the stupidest thing you could ever do, because for one, if you for some weird reason get asked to produce a stub at any time by any staff member, and you can't, then they could toss you out. I have seen it happen (very rarely, but it does happen) at the Linc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Tell you what... it's too cold for walking a dog, it's defintely too cold for baseball.

This wouldn't be a problem if you had a roof. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't have any thoughts on the game's suspension really; Selig did what he had to do, and I can't blame him for it.

Maybe however, just maybe, this will wake up the powers that be in MLB and the MLBPA that this nonsense of dragging out the postseason as long as it is, while potentially good for television on some level, is an out-and-out bad idea. The 2009 schedule virtually guarantees that another World Series game will be played in November. November. Imagine the fun if the Cleveland Indians and Chicago Cubs, for example, were to make the series next year - we might not have rain outs, but snow outs.

MLB and the MLBPA need to agree that the regular season will start no earlier than April 1 and conclude no later than October 1, and that playoff series will be completed in a reasonable length of time (divisional series within seven days, and LCS and WS within nine) unless weather intervenes. There's no reason at all to be playing baseball in the kind of weather seen in Philadelphia last night, and with the schedules being drawn up they way they are nowadays, this kind of situation is likely to happen more frequently rather than less.

nav-logo.png

I don't have any thoughts on the game's suspension really; Selig did what he had to do, and I can't blame him for it.

Maybe however, just maybe, this will wake up the powers that be in MLB and the MLBPA that this nonsense of dragging out the postseason as long as it is, while potentially good for television on some level, is an out-and-out bad idea. The 2009 schedule virtually guarantees that another World Series game will be played in November. November. Imagine the fun if the Cleveland Indians and Chicago Cubs, for example, were to make the series next year - we might not have rain outs, but snow outs.

MLB and the MLBPA need to agree that the regular season will start no earlier than April 1 and conclude no later than October 1, and that playoff series will be completed in a reasonable length of time (divisional series within seven days, and LCS and WS within nine) unless weather intervenes. There's no reason at all to be playing baseball in the kind of weather seen in Philadelphia last night, and with the schedules being drawn up they way they are nowadays, this kind of situation is likely to happen more frequently rather than less.

Agreed completely. In most of the cities you mentioned, there is a HUGE difference between the first two weeks of October and the last two. Hell - I think 10 days ago it was in the low 60s (I think one day we actually hit 70?) and it would have been perfect for baseball. Maybe the 154 game season needs to come back. There must be a way to work it out with the PA.

GYI0056060614102801_800x600.jpg

2980921474_668e8f0335.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

GYI0056060614102801_800x600.jpg

2980921474_668e8f0335.jpg

Shows you how good my memory is - I thought they were on top of the dugout, not on the line. Oh well - great pics! Looks like you had great seats to get those pics!

Official from MLB: "GAME ON!" for tonight, with a potential game 6 tomorrow (no travel day)

It's drizzling where I work... I hope this is the right decision.

Archived