2008 World Series

Swiss

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Official from MLB: "GAME ON!" for tonight, with a potential game 6 tomorrow (no travel day)

Game On, IF YOU SMEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, WHAT BARACK IS COOKIN!

Ugh... that's right.... That one is on at 8 ET... <_<

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

A bit off topic from the World Series, but I don't feel like diggin up the MLB thread, or starting an MLB offseason thread.

Anyways, the Angels exercised options on John Lackey and Vlad, but not on Garret Anderson. I'm a bit upset to see GA leave, but, well, losing him frees up a fair amount of money, I'm assuming to sign Mark Teixiera. Looks like Juan Rivera's gonna start. FINALLY.

A bit off topic from the World Series, but I don't feel like diggin up the MLB thread, or starting an MLB offseason thread.

Anyways, the Angels exercised options on John Lackey and Vlad, but not on Garret Anderson. I'm a bit upset to see GA leave, but, well, losing him frees up a fair amount of money, I'm assuming to sign Mark Teixiera. Looks like Juan Rivera's gonna start. FINALLY.

Any word on if GA is going to return for a lower price?

If not, at least Rivera will be in there. GA's been slowing in recent years, so this will be a benefit in disguise.

VmWIn6B.png

Any word on if GA is going to return for a lower price?

If not, at least Rivera will be in there. GA's been slowing in recent years, so this will be a benefit in disguise.

I'm hoping he will return at a lower price, being that GA in another uniform is just blastphemous. He's still productive, but not what he was 5 years ago or so....it seems like the 2nd half of the year belongs to him.

Anyone think this game ends before 11pm ET?

Not me.

Is the weather supposed to get bad by then?

It could end before then, the Rays bullpen has been a bit shaky. And the Phillies bullpen is great at shortening games... well, they only need to shorten a 3 inning game if they can score early.

Jenkins leads off with a double. Rollins bunts him over.

IUe6Hvh.png

It wouldn't be the '08 World Series if Tampa didn't put the leadoff hitter on.

So Philly win = worse fan riot than '84 Detroit?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Man, oh, man, the Phillies' fans are very, very anxious...!!!

BTW, what an error from Iwamura!!! One can smell a World Series championship right now.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Iwamura kind of sucks, eh?

I get why Iwamura was moved off the hot corner to make room for Longoria, but happened to Upton playing 2B for Tampa? Was he that much worse??

Upton moving may have had more to do with Upton's range/arm in CF. Upton still doesn't take the best routes to balls, though, and he has a tendency of half-assing it to the ball (and by 'has a tendency', I mean he does it every freakin' time), but his speed keeps an awful lot of balls from dropping.

Though he did have a .952 F%, which is very, very below average, but he had above average range.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow, that Wertz was called safe at 2B. I thought he couldn't reach there.

Yeah, not exactly a good sign when you can't even get the runner on a successful pick-off play.

The Phillies are now 8 outs away. Rocco with a solo-shot. 3 all.

6uXNWAo.png

And HR Tampa!

This game will never end!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived