2008 World Series

Swiss

Helluva job by The Phillies. Enjoy it Philly fans.

The Rays have nothing to be ashamed of (other than their play I guess.) At the beginning of the season I think any Rays fan would have taken getting to game 5 of The World Series.

Great MLB season overall. I am sad to see it end. It's only about 15 weeks until pitchers and catchers report.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey!

The 2008 Rays were near to the 1969 Mets... but didn't match them. It doesn't matter!!! Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays!!! I'm a rabid fan of the Red Sox and the 2008 ALCS defeat hurt me but I reckon that they are a deserved AL Champions and made a very beautiful baseball history.

Bravo Rays!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

But in other news, I think that Tampa is gonna walk away with this series before it even starts. I've been of the thought that the AL is FAR superior to the NL, and it has shown in the World Series in the past few years. I think that domination will only continue. I really feel the ALCS was the real World Series.

Mmmhhh... let's remember...

2001: Arizona (NL)

2002: Angels (AL)

2003: Florida (NL)

2004: Boston (AL)

2005: White Sox (AL)

2006: Cardinals (NL)

2007: Boston (AL)

In this current century (yes, 2000 isn't part of the 21st century), the AL teams won 4 times and the NL teams won 3 times. In 2001 and 2003, the favorites were the Yankees and their occasional rivals beat them. And Boston won twice. That's why the distribution is almost even.

Now a NL team won! In this current century each league has 4 world champions apiece. So where was the pretended AL superiority?

And let's see again those predictions:

ws08predictions-1.png

Gammons, Stark and Crasnick hit the winner!

All the other guys should seek a job selling lottery bills this winter. :D

pennants.png

Hats off to Joe Maddon and the Rays -- they deserved to be there in the World Series, and they've got a great future ahead of them

...just as long as they don't have to pay anyone. :P

But really, props to the Rays for showing cheap-market teams like the Royals and Pirates that it can be done.

6uXNWAo.png

Hats off to Joe Maddon and the Rays -- they deserved to be there in the World Series, and they've got a great future ahead of them

But really, props to the Rays for showing cheap-market teams like the Royals and Pirates that it can be done.

Yeah, this once again shows that the Royals and the Pirates have no excuses if a team like the Rays could do what they did, basically building the team through their farm system with draft picks, then they can do it too. No more excuses.

I second it! I'm sick with some crybabies who regret the failures of their small market franchises. I'm also including the SF Giants (my NL team)... With some wit, few dollars, winning desire from some players one team can go farther. The Rays could show it.

Other thing: What quick was Phillies.com with its new header...! :D

pennants.png

Archived