2008 World Series

Swiss

350,000 copies of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News completely sold out today and they had to print 350,000 more. The only newspapers left in the Philadelphia region are the suburban ones... :D

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
350,000 copies of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News completely sold out today and they had to print 350,000 more. The only newspapers left in the Philadelphia region are the suburban ones... :D

I bought three copies of the Inq. right outside of a Wawa from the guy driving the delivery van. He said the demand was so high he was instructed that he could only deliver Inq's to certain locations - so he was dropping off Daily Newses to the store, but couldn't drop off the Inqs. The manager was flipping out at him because he wanted papers, but the guy said that it was in his contract that he couldn't leave any there. So I followed him back to the van and gave him three bucks for three copies!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Great job by Philly fans booing Selig as he's presenting your team with the World Series Trophy. Just real classy...

I mean, we know you all are miserable having to live in that awful city and have to express it by always pretending to be mad at someone, but come on. That gimmick was old 10 years ago.

I know, wasn't that just pretty awesome?

Don't act as if another city that had been screwed because of the rain wouldn't have acted the same way. The Phillies players were pissed after Monday night. Selig is an a-hole and everyone knows it. And how is it different from Gary Bettman being booed everywhere he goes?

Bud Selig has helped his sport.

Bettman is a scumbag who has ruined his sport.

And how did Philly get screwed? Did the MLB Powers-that-be make it rain? They control the weather now? Not only that, YOU WON! Stop bitching.

Typical Philadelphia fan. Delusional paranoia about how they are getting screwed and the world is against them.

That's what I'm saying. Oh you're mad that you had to wait 48 more hours to celebrate. "Nvm 25 years, I want my 'ship now!"

Selig did his best in his situation. There's really no arguing that it wasn't a classy move on the Phans' part, but who really expected anything else? :P

The parade kicks off tomorrow at Noon, heading through Center City, down to South Philly, and culminating with rallies at the Linc and Citizens Bank Park. I was asked to work the event at the Linc, which would mean that I'd miss the rest of the parade festivities. Fortunately, my roommate totally hooked me up with a ticket for the event (they were free, but are already selling for >$200.) Tomorrow will be an awesome day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Public transit was completely shut down. There's approx. 3 million people at the parade :D

I was very lucky that things broke right for me today - I feel very bad for the people who got hosed by SEPTA (AKA the most poorly managed organization in any industry in any city in any country.)

And I was there, and after searching three subway stations for my girlfriend, I got up to Broad and Federal just as they announced that they were shutting down Southbound trains. Center City is still a mess.

philly.png

And I was there, and after searching three subway stations for my girlfriend, I got up to Broad and Federal just as they announced that they were shutting down Southbound trains. Center City is still a mess.

A bunch of people from my work took the train to Philly today...apparently Lancaster's bus/train station ran out of parking early this morning due to the event.

I can't wait til the Lions win a Superbowl, so I can be a part of such mayhem....of course, the world will officially end that day.

I was at Broad and Pine for most of it, then made my way to SP to go to the Linc. The Linc was kind of a let down, especially since there was only around 50k there due to the subway issues. I really wish I could have had a ticket to CBP to see Chase Utley proclaim on live TV that "we're world :censored:ing CHAMPIONS!"

I stood at the Steve Carlton statue for the whole time. Then we went to the Linc to watch some of it. The whole thing was so surreal. I am still amazed at how many people were there.

We were going to go on the train, but luckily we didn't. That sounded like a mess.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived