Toronto Maple Leafs Concept

speedy

Very, VERY nice. Borderline perfection in terms of the Maple Leafs. About the ONLY thing I'd think about changing is the size of the cuff color. If everything else is going to be congruent, why not make the cuffs? Either shrink the blue on the white or enlarge the white on the blue. Really nice work on these.

These are FANTASTIC. I would buy the white version in a heartbeat.

The only gripe I have is the "est. 1927"

They've been known as the Maple Leafs since 1927, but the team was established in 1917.

Yeah that was the only qualm I had about this concept, I went back and forth on the date to put on there and ended up with '27.

What do Leafs fans consider the beggining? The inception of the franchise or the first use of the name?

Also, Mockba is right about the socks not matching anything. They never really have so I just decided to stick with them. To be honest, when I think Leafs uniforms the first thing that comes to mind is the socks. However I'm sure a two-striped sock would suffice.

These are FANTASTIC. I would buy the white version in a heartbeat.

The only gripe I have is the "est. 1927"

They've been known as the Maple Leafs since 1927, but the team was established in 1917.

Yeah that was the only qualm I had about this concept, I went back and forth on the date to put on there and ended up with '27.

What do Leafs fans consider the beggining? The inception of the franchise or the first use of the name?

I can't speak for all of Leafs nation, but I consider 1917 the start.

I consider 1917 the start as well...the NHL was formed in 1917 (Pretty sure it was 1917) and thats when the Blue Shirts came to be, then they were the Arenas, then St. Pats and now since 1927 they are the Leafs. They won the Cup in 1917-18 and they count that towards the # of cups the Franchise has won.

But for your logo's sake, I see why you put Est. 1927, thats when the Maple Leafs became there official name so I see your reasoning.

beLEAF

• 1 year later...

Archived