Controversial Topic?

RoughRiders9

Bottom of the ninth. Score tied, 3 to 3.

Let's say that Evan Longoria is at the plate. BJ Upton is the runner on second base. Longoria hits a ground ball down the line. A Rays fan reaches over and interferes with the ball. But the outfielder has a very good chance of throwing out the runner at home if the fan didn't interfere with the ball. The fan knew that if he interfere with the ball, it would be an automatic double ground rule. The Rays wins Game 7, and the World Series.

What happens then?

IowaOaks.png

Let's say that Evan Longoria is at the plate. BJ Upton is the runner on second base. Longoria hits a ground ball down the line. A Rays fan reaches over and interferes with the ball. But the outfielder has a very good chance of throwing out the runner at home if the fan didn't interfere with the ball. The fan knew that if he interfere with the ball, it would be an automatic double ground rule. The Rays wins Game 7, and the World Series.

What happens then?

I believe the Umpires have the descretion on fan interference where they can only award the number of bases they see fit (in this case 1 base and thus put the runner at third.)

What happens then?

I believe the Umpires have the descretion on fan interference where they can only award the number of bases they see fit (in this case 1 base and thus put the runner at third.)

Yep. They do.

Of course, a double into the gap that bounces over the wall with a runner on first that easily would score has to stop at third...go figure...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

What happens then?

Yep. They do.

Of course, a double into the gap that bounces over the wall with a runner on first that easily would score has to stop at third...go figure...

Yeah right! Have you ever seen Benjie Molina run (well I guess that's what he's doing), the Pony Express is faster and it's extinct! And yes, you can insert your Manny jokes in here too! :lol:

What happens then?

Yep. They do.

Yeah right! Have you ever seen Benjie Molina run (well I guess that's what he's doing), the Pony Express is faster and it's extinct! And yes, you can insert your Manny jokes in here too! :lol:

Yes I have. I saw Bengie Molina run out a triple in the 2002 World Series...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What happens then?

Yep. They do.

Not exactly. Umpires have it in their authority to award the runner home in this case, although it has gotten more rare over time that they make this call.

It's where I sit.

Archived