David Beckham Unveils New Personal Logo

nitroseed

Thought this might be of some interest since it's technically sports and logo related. David Beckham, the European soccer/football phenom, has unveiled his own personal logo in cooperation with Adidas. Here it is:

capt.xnbg10103050340.britain_beckham_xnbg101.jpg

I think it's a great logo, design-wise. They plan on using this on various items to be released later in the year.

I like it.. i think they missed an opportunity to flip it, and have his arm bent, to make a B

But that would have made him left footed. But it would have been cool

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I like it.. i think they missed an opportunity to flip it, and have his arm bent, to make a B

But that would have made him left footed. But it would have been cool

I agree. This logo looks like a stylized j, r and 9.

I agree. This logo looks like a stylized j, r and 9.

you might not be far off the mark... The legs kinda look like a 7 -- his England number (and what used to be his ManYoo number).

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

^I wouldn't knock that idea. We've got these so far I think:

Michael Jordan - Jumpman

Any more?

The Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia had one.

airg.jpg

That one always cracks me up. :D

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Personal logo...would that make it a monogram?

I really think it's ugly - for a start it looks like a guy wearing a tuxedo or at least a dinner jacket, with the deliniation between the torso and the legs. Secondly, the thing that set Jordan's Jumpman apart is that it related to one of his trademark moves (or at least a move that was performed by MJ in the ads promoting his products). The figure in the logo also resembled him. This could be anyone's mark. Couldn't they have traded on Beckham's propensity to bend the ball from free kicks and kicks towards goal? (Although maybe I guess you could say that the pose it is in is mimicking a free kick)

Archived