"Greater Montreal" new logo released

reppact

Also I wish people understood how much time, effort, and research goes into creating an identity of this size.

Its sometimes hundreds of concept logos, research, lawyers, campaign, print guides, materials, consulting....

Its not like its one designer sitting at his computer for a couple hours.

Also I wish people understood how much time, effort, and research goes into creating an identity of this size.

Its sometimes hundreds of concept logos, research, lawyers, campaign, print guides, materials, consulting....

Its not like its one designer sitting at his computer for a couple hours.

you mean 'design by committee'?

i know what you are saying, however for all the research done for something like this,

most people see no difference between this and something someone bashed out in ten minutes.

i can definitely see their point.

i dont mind this, but its not the strongest mark ever made.

The "Greater Montreal" committee spent $500,000 (plus $200k more for advertising) :wacko: for a new advertising logo.

It went from this:

cmdm_old.jpg

to THIS!?

cmdm_new.png

As a taxpayer of the City of Montreal, I want my money back. This is NOT worth 500k.

As a transplanted Montrealer, I expected better. Since when did the city become all English?

The "Greater Montreal" committee spent $500,000 (plus $200k more for advertising) :wacko: for a new advertising logo.

It went from this:

cmdm_old.jpg

to THIS!?

cmdm_new.png

As a taxpayer of the City of Montreal, I want my money back. This is NOT worth 500k.

As a transplanted Montrealer, I expected better. Since when did the city become all English?

That's just what I was thinking. There has to be a translated version somewhere.

French version...

20081029-080500-g.jpg

But this isn't the new Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal. This is another entity, slightly larger the the CMM. In all fairness, I understand that $600,000 was spent on the brand as a whole, but the logo could've been much better IMO.

At least the CMM logo is close to the geographic representation of the Greater Montreal.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

It went from this:

cmdm_old.jpg

to THIS!?

cmdm_new.png

Don't worry, i'm sure the language police will be there, guns ablazin'.

I thought the first logo, a green circle with curved lines in it, was the one the guy was disappointed with.

I like the M and the colors. My only gripe is the way they combine serif and sans. The serif typeface doesn't fit.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

French version...

20081029-080500-g.jpg

But this isn't the new Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal. This is another entity, slightly larger the the CMM. In all fairness, I understand that $600,000 was spent on the brand as a whole, but the logo could've been much better IMO.

At least the CMM logo is close to the geographic representation of the Greater Montreal.

Its interesting with that image... the Museum of Art and Design in New York does the same thing with their logo. They put images and textures inside of it. I can't find any images online but if anyone gets GD USA...its in this month's issue.

Archived