Espn Hockey Knowledge

Notch Novelty

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is Barry knows hockey, Darren Pang knows it, Clement knows hockey. They all played the game. They know the game. They have their own opinions can't yell at them for that. TSN has 2 morons running their WJHC coverage which one of them does work for AHL show.

Darren Pang knows hockey your kidding right? He might have played hockey but amazingly he doesn't know the rules. Last year in the long Stars-duck ot game he didn't know that if the puck went in the net while the net was off the ice it didn't count. That is one of the more obvious rules in the game, plus he was a goalie he should no that. But worse than that was after the intermission and melrose explained the rule, Pang still said he didn't understand why the goal didn't count. Pang has to be one of the dumbest commentators in sports.

The others aren't much better, the only have a minimum understanding of the rules. And Thorne is horrible as a play-by-play man. I'm so glad the Devils fired him and replaced him with one of the better hockey play-by-play men in Mike Emrick.

ESPN sucks!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

The only two things I like about ESPN is:

1. Their theme song.

2. The way Gary Thorne screams "SSSSSCCCCCCCOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"

I noticed alot watching Stanley Cup Finals highlights on ESPN that Gary Thorne would instantly make up some weird excuse why the other team scored. Then pause as if "did I say what I meant to say?" Then say the same line again with hesitation. Also the ESPN color guys would ramble about other things a LOT during play. Whereas on the other networks, if something else is to be said, it's said during a play in the action.

TSN is way better than ESPN when it comes to hockey coverage (Pierre Maguire, as annoying as he is, outranks all of ESPN's play-by-play crews combined as far as the information department goes.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

In my opinion, Thorne and Clement are the best broadcasting duo of any network or sport in the US. I can't speak for TSN, cause I don't live in Canada. TSN could very well be better, but I don't know how you could consider Thorne and Clement bad...

Guest -*CC97*-
In my opinion, Thorne and Clement are the best broadcasting duo of any network or sport in the US. I can't speak for TSN, cause I don't live in Canada. TSN could very well be better, but I don't know how you could consider Thorne and Clement bad...

Because that's the best available to you... if you were exposed to the abundence of amazing PBP teams here you would quickly change your opinion.

Guest Guest
I feel that Canada's are biased towards TSN. CBC is def better than TSN

CBC is better than TSN in terms of what? hockey coverage? save for Saturday nights hockey is nowhere to be found on CBC. Whereas TSN will show about 2-4 games a week.

If you're talking about PBP teams then I like CBCs better than TSN... but that wasn't the question at hand now was it?

Guest -*cc97*-
Hotstove,during periods, and after the game is over. How about Hockey Day in Canada. My favorite day.

Like I said, during Saturday nights only.

Guest -*CC97*-
Def agree....CBC isn't a sports network though. TSN is.

right... so back on topic, espn isn't that great with hockey knowledge.... you have some fellow americans agreeing with me, i suggest you touch on the points they made rather than switch the discussion to an apparent canadian bias towards tsn over cbc (which does not exist)

Thorne and Clement are the best broadcasting duo of any network or sport in the US. Maybe Sabres broadcasting team Rick and Jim but Clement is good even on ESPN 2k4.

Thorne and Davidson are awesome. Davidson also does work for MSG and CBC.....Makes you wonder.

CBC's playoff coverage is the ultimate in awesomeness. I'm curious to see what the scheduling would be in the first round if all 6 Canadian teams make the playoffs (or even 5 of 6) AND none of them face each other.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Of course the coverage is better in Canada. Duh, it's hockey, it's Canada's game.

But, I don't mind the ESPN crews, for the most part. And, I'm likely in the minority, but I love the NHL2Night crew. Bucci has tons of passion and energy for the game.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Of course the coverage is better in Canada. Duh, it's hockey, it's Canada's game.

But, I don't mind the ESPN crews, for the most part. And, I'm likely in the minority, but I love the NHL2Night crew. Bucci has tons of passion and energy for the game.

You just said what I was gonna post basically Mockba.

Plus, Bucci likes the Blues. And Davidson played for them at one point IIRC.

You guys think Thorne is good, you need to get the center ice and watch a Devils guy. Just so you can hear Mike Emrick call the game. He is much better Thorne.

Even though fox messed up hockey coverage with the comet puck, they did have a great team in Emrick and Davidson.

Emrick and JD was agreat team, JD is likely too tied with the Rangers durring the regualr season, but if ESPN was smart they would bring him in the playoffs, becuase he is one of teh best voices of hockey.

And for the love of god geet rid of Gary Thorne his screaming is annoying Emerick is waaaaay better.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

In St. Louis we have had Ken Wilson for a long time. He is truely great. I believe this is his 20th year, but no gurantees. We currently have a banner hanging for the late great Dan Kelly, and some day I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson get one. The Blues also had a great one in Gus Kyle.

Archived