Winter Classic Layout, Ticket Prices Announced

Sodboy13

If this is anything like a Cubs game people aren't going to care about seeing anything. Half the crowd is showing up because its the cool thing to do, the other half will be so drunk they won't remember anything anyway.

(Just kidding Cubs fans! Wrigley is my favorite place to watch the Pirates lose.)

I know a Cub fan from work, who says the best part of Wrigley Field is getting drunk in the bleachers, so I dont think they will get offended by that.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I know many more who are sick and tired of being called fake baseball fans because bros get drunk in the bleachers. It's totally understandable, though, because after all, the other twenty-nine parks in the major leagues are all located in dry counties, and thus it's an extremely localized phenomenon. "Drunk affluent white guys at a ballgame" is as uniquely local as "no ketchup on hot dogs" or "Marshall Field's was cooler than Macy's." Talk about drunk affluent white guys at a ballgame anywhere else in America, nobody knows what the hell you're talking about.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If this is anything like a Cubs game people aren't going to care about seeing anything. Half the crowd is showing up because its the cool thing to do, the other half will be so drunk they won't remember anything anyway.

(Just kidding Cubs fans! Wrigley is my favorite place to watch the Pirates lose.)

I know a Cub fan from work, who says the best part of Wrigley Field is getting drunk in the bleachers, so I dont think they will get offended by that.

I've seen things in the bleachers at Wrigley Field that will stay with me for the rest of my life. :blink:

I'm all in favor of people wearing winter coats in the bleachers and wish it would happen more often.

I'm very excited for this game. It's rapidly becoming an annual tradition for our fantasy hockey league to get together and watch it. I just hope my throwback Blackhawks jersey arrives in time to wear that day.

By the way, Marshall Field's was cooler than Macy's.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I just hope my throwback Blackhawks jersey arrives in time to wear that day.

Please tell me you didn't put down the $300+ for the Winter Classic throwback. I mean, it's gorgeous, but that price point gives me a deeper chill than going to the actual game would.

Bet your ass it was.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

*Sigh...*

Even with two of the "Original Six" teams in action, this setup looks like a failure in the making.

Nice job, Buttman.

*remembers* Oh yeah, that's why the NHL is going belly-up in 12 years, giving me and other investors room for a well-marketed hockey league. :flagcanada::P

So this one Cubs fan, who doesn't even live in Chicago, represents what we all think? C'mon.

I do get offended by that. If Cubs fans only care about getting drunk, then why do we boo so much and take it so hard when they lose in the playoffs?

I'm so sick of people telling me, a Cubs fan, how we feel.

So this one Cubs fan, who doesn't even live in Chicago, represents what we all think? C'mon.

I do get offended by that. If Cubs fans only care about getting drunk, then why do we boo so much and take it so hard when they lose in the playoffs?

Because it means the drinking in the bleachers will not happen again until March?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Because it means the drinking in the bleachers will not happen again until March?

Ha-frickin-ha.

You're a fan of a team that plays in Busch Stadium and in the midst of an atmosphere which is just as drinky as the one at Wrigley.

Still, well played.

Spring Training you see some Cub fan drinkfest going on at Hohokam Stadium here in Mesa

I just hope my throwback Blackhawks jersey arrives in time to wear that day.

Please tell me you didn't put down the $300+ for the Winter Classic throwback. I mean, it's gorgeous, but that price point gives me a deeper chill than going to the actual game would.

Bet your ass it was.

$300? No way. I just bought a Houston Aeros game worn for less than that.

I ordered a replica at 25% off. A bit over $100, which is still $20 more than a replica should cost, but I was in a shopping mood and really like the looks of that one and wanted to get one in time for the game and before ebay is overrun with fakes.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I ordered a replica at 25% off. A bit over $100, which is still $20 more than a replica should cost, but I was in a shopping mood and really like the looks of that one and wanted to get one in time for the game and before ebay is overrun with fakes.

Too late. It's bootleg city already.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Spring Training you see some Cub fan drinkfest going on at Hohokam Stadium here in Mesa

And in Spring 2010, I hope to be one of them.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived