Top 10 Caps of Alltime

spamspamspamspam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I somewhat disagree, but I like the fact that you posted what you like on a sports logo forum, I do however respectfully disagree with putting the LA and Brooklyn Dodgers hats together. I think the Brooklyn hat definitely deserves a spot on a top 10 list and would question the LA hat, also the Yankees should be there IMO.

Thread starter: spamspamspamspam

# of posts by thread starter on CCSLC: 28

Me: LOL

Pardon? Since when does the number of posts you have on CCSLC have anything to do with... well, anything?

What this topic should be is people giving their opinions or politely making fun of others' choices. Arguing is pretty pointless and personal attacks are just... :blink:

Yankees?

Old Blue Jays?

Brewers (Ball-in-Glove)?

That last one I actually considered, but eventually dismissed from the list because the only reason that I could think og gor liking it was the logo.

As for the Yankees, I don't know.

The Blue Jays, that really wasn't that great in my opinion.

Really you like that Expos one but not the old Blue Jays?

Maybe cause you're an Expos fan? :P

955022814_e38b2ac573.jpg

Blue Jays-Expos comparison- as Foster Hewitt used to say, "Toronto 2 (World Championships), Munt-real NO SCORE!"

Thread starter: spamspamspamspam

# of posts by thread starter on CCSLC: 28

Me: LOL

Pardon? Since when does the number of posts you have on CCSLC have anything to do with... well, anything?

It doesn't. I was just amused by the fact that the new poster who started this thread, which has been so overdone on CCSLC, actually goes by spamspamspamspam.

I agree with your choices upto the bottom three. The Pilots don't even belong on that list. The other 2 should be moved somewhere up in the range of 10th and 9th place.

On a side note, you really should reduce the size of your sig.

If I had to narrow it to a Top 10, it would go like this but not in any particular order:

1962-1964 Los Angeles Angels

Current New York Yankees

Blue New York Mets

1961-1962 Washington Senators

Milwaukee Brewers (ball in glove)

Detroit Tigers Current Home

Houston Astros (orange cap), the uniforms were hideous but the hat classic

1969-1991 Montreal Expos

Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers (Blue w/white B or LA)

New York/San Francisco Giants (Black w/orange NY or SF)

You can't have a top 10 list of caps without the Yankees.

And this is a Red Sox fan talking.

Sure you can. If the Yankees were an expansion team starting play in 2009, and they debuted their current uniforms today, at least 90 percent of the people who post here would trash the uniforms. The only reason the Yankees uniforms get any respect whatsoever is that they've been largely unchanged for so long, not that they're actually particularly good uniforms.

Anyway, if I were a New Yorker, I'd opt for the Mets/Giants interlocking NY logo to show my pride.

Finally, on the Yankees issue, a personal Top Ten list isn't necessarily supposed to be a Ten Best list, but rather a Ten Favorite list. I have plenty of "favorite" movies that wouldn't make my list of "best" movies. Even if I thought the Yankees cap was among the ten best of all time, it wouldn't be among my ten favorite caps.

My list would include:

- Brooklyn Dodgers

- New York Mets (plain blue with orange NY)

- Detroit Tigers home

- Phillies maroon era

- Milwaukee Brewers, the current cap

- St. Louis Browns, 1908

- Oakland Athletics home

- St. Louis Cardinals alt

- Atlanta Braves, current non-alt cap

and, finally, the best cap of all time

- Pittsburgh Pirates pillbox hat.

The 1951 Cubs and current White Sox ought to be on that list, too, as well as the Angels halo cap, but it's hard to get this down to just 10. I'd have a different list tomorrow or the day after.

20082614447.png

You can't have a top 10 list of caps without the Yankees.

And this is a Red Sox fan talking.

Sure you can. If the Yankees were an expansion team starting play in 2009, and they debuted their current uniforms today, at least 90 percent of the people who post here would trash the uniforms. The only reason the Yankees uniforms get any respect whatsoever is that they've been largely unchanged for so long, not that they're actually particularly good uniforms.

Anyway, if I were a New Yorker, I'd opt for the Mets/Giants interlocking NY logo to show my pride.

Finally, on the Yankees issue, a personal Top Ten list isn't necessarily supposed to be a Ten Best list, but rather a Ten Favorite list. I have plenty of "favorite" movies that wouldn't make my list of "best" movies. Even if I thought the Yankees cap was among the ten best of all time, it wouldn't be among my ten favorite caps.

My list would include:

- Brooklyn Dodgers

- New York Mets (plain blue with orange NY)

- Detroit Tigers home

- Phillies maroon era

- Milwaukee Brewers, the current cap

- St. Louis Browns, 1908

- Oakland Athletics home

- St. Louis Cardinals alt

- Atlanta Braves, current non-alt cap

and, finally, the best cap of all time

- Pittsburgh Pirates pillbox hat.

The 1951 Cubs and current White Sox ought to be on that list, too, as well as the Angels halo cap, but it's hard to get this down to just 10. I'd have a different list tomorrow or the day after.

I agree it is difficult to get down to ten. I like your choice of the 1908 Browns. For the Pirates pillbox black or yellow?

I agree it is difficult to get down to ten. I like your choice of the 1908 Browns. For the Pirates pillbox black or yellow?

Yes.

If I were redesigning the Pirates' uniforms, I'd build the uniform around the black pillbox cap. But if New Era called and asked me what cap I'd like them to produce just so that I could have one, I'd want the yellow.

Which I'd never wear, because I don't like the Pirates. But darn, those pillbox Bucs caps were sweet.

20082614447.png

If I had to narrow it to a Top 10, it would go like this but not in any particular order:

Houston Astros (orange cap), the uniforms were hideous but the hat classic

I agree completely. It's one of my all-time favorites, too...

pMLB2-823693dt.jpg

I also like:

51-42273-P.jpg

I hate that so few teams wear colorful caps anymore. There's too much blue!!!

I think you shouldn't get the best looking caps mixed up with the most iconic caps. For example, The Yankees. Yeah sure their hat is iconic, the interlocking NY and all but it's as simple as a lot of other caps.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I gotta say, I'd pick a more iconic Red Sox hat.

And while I loved that Pirates cap so much (I think I owned TWO back in the day), I would ditch it in favor of the 70s era Cincinnati (red with a white wishbone), or Phils from the same era (maroon with the ball-in-the-P)

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

A few other hats to consider:

Seattle Mariners, both their current and old trident hats.

San Diego Padres brown and gold.

And going really old school, I would be ecstatic if the Yankees ressurected these beauties for a game or two every once in a while:

pMLB2-108160t130.gif

I think you shouldn't get the best looking caps mixed up with the most iconic caps. For example, The Yankees. Yeah sure their hat is iconic, the interlocking NY and all but it's as simple as a lot of other caps.

Okay, I agree with you. So take out the Yankees and I would replace it with 1971 Pirates (the old gold crown w/ black bill). Instantly reminds you of Roberto Clemente.

It doesn't. I was just amused by the fact that the new poster who started this thread, which has been so overdone on CCSLC, actually goes by spamspamspamspam.

He could be a fan of classic British comedy:

blog-2007-10-27-python-spam.jpg

Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

now back to our topic

the pirate's hat from the 70's is one of the best hat.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Archived