is it to early for a Mock Draft

tj4eck

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mock Draft (update 11/5)

1 -- DET - Matthew Stafford - QB - Georgia*

------------Dan Orlofsky is not the answer.

2 -- CIN - Michael Oher - OT - Ole Miss

------------Keep Carson Palmer healthy and clean.

3 -- KC - Chris ?Beanie? Wells - RB - Ohio St.*

------------How much more of Larry Johnson troubles will they take before it?s to much.

4 -- OAK - Andre Smith - OT - Alabama*

------------Russell has the weapons but no time to get them the ball plus will be able to open holes for McFadden.

5 -- STL - Vontae Davis - CB - Illinois*

------------Shut down corner plus Long and Little coming off the corner equals more pressure on the QB to get the ball off which turns in to some turnovers.

6 -- SEA - Jeremy Maclin - WR - Missouri*

------------Game changer they need on offense and special team.

7 -- SF - Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech*

------------The best receiver they have had since TO.

8 -- CLE - Michael Johnson - DE - Georgia Tech

------------Defense needs to keep team in the games.

9 -- JAX - Malcolm Jenkins - CB - Ohio St.

------------How does this sound Mathis, Jenkins and Nelson?now if only they can get a new SS.

10 - HOU - Taylor Mays - S - USC*

------------Their defense just keeps getting stronger.

11 - SD - Duke Robinson - OG - Oklahoma

------------Give LT more holes and Rivers more time to get the ball to Gates.

12 - IND - Aaron Curry - OLB - Wake Forest

------------A definite upgrade they?ve need since Cato left.

13 - MIA - Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC

------------Parcells philosophy is to win the games in the trenches?this guy fills them with his game change physicality.

14 - MIN - Sam Bradford ? QB - Oklahoma*

------------Bradford slips past the Chiefs and the Vikings make record-breaking time get up to the podium.

15 - GB - Greg Hardy - DE - Ole Miss*

------------Got rid of KGB this guy will make them look smart for doing so.

16 - NO - Alphonso Smith - CB - Wake Forest

------------Need a shutdown corner and they get one here.

17 - DEN - Alex Mack - C - California

------------Run the Rock and zone block?.pretty easy pick here.

18 - DET (From DAL) - George Selvie - DE - South Florida

------------This guy will be a Perennial Pro Bowler and the Lions (hopefully) turn it around.

19 - NE - William Moore - S - Missouri

------------Rodney is not getting any younger time to breed a new one.

20 - BAL - Darius Heyward-Bey - WR - Maryland*

------------Game changer in special teams as well as offense plus he?s pretty much right there anyway playing at the Univ. of Maryland

21 - ATL - James Laurinatis - ILB - Ohio St.

------------Time to pick up Brookings replacement and boy do they get a good one.

22 - BUF - Jermaine Gresham - TE - Oklahoma*

------------Robert Royal is alright but Jermaine is Supreme

23 - NYJ - Knowshon Moreno - RB - Georgia*

------------Pretty obvious that Tjones is not the answer.

24 - PHI - Brian Orakpo - DE - Texas

------------?The Freak? who??Brian looks to make the Eagles defense impeccable.

25 - CHI - Herman Johnson - OG - LSU

------------Orton need to be protected so he can give it to Hester :P ?plus Forte needs better holes.

26 - ARZ - Brian Cushing - OLB - USC

------------How does this sound for the future-Cushing/Highsmith/Dansby

27 - WAS - Sen?Derrick Marks - DT - Auburn*

------------Would perfer a DE but all the 1st round talent is already gone so the go for the next best thing.

28 - TB - Percy Harvin - WR - Florida*

------------Playmaker that they have been lacking.

29 - PHI (From CAR) - Patrick Chung - SS - Oregon

------------Dawkins and Chung = SCARY!

30 - PIT - Eugene Monroe - OT - Virginia

------------Boy do the Steelers enjoy players from the Univ. of Virginia.

31 - NYG - Brandon Pettigrew - TE - Oklahoma St.

------------Kevin Boss is alright but the Giants would be dumb to pass on a guy with this kind of talent.

32 - TEN - Travis Beckum - TE - Wisconsin

------------He?ll probably play more in the slot (ala Dallas Clark) or he can line up at wide out he is that versatile and the Titans could use a receiver like that.

thoughts?

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

That shut down corner's going to get awfully tired in the second half when the Rams' Swiss cheese offensive line can't keep the offense on the field.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That shut down corner's going to get awfully tired in the second half when the Rams' Swiss cheese offensive line can't keep the offense on the field.

im aware they need OL but the next best OLman doesnt go til 11th cause he's not a top 10 Prospect

i guess your gonna have to lose more games or wait till the second round

im aware they need OL but the next best OLman doesnt go til 11th cause he's not a top 10 Prospect

So? Who says the Rams have to pick a top ten prospect?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

im just saying it would be a reach but i agree that their OL is absolutly terrible

im just saying it would be a reach but i agree that their OL is absolutly terrible

For point of reference, Donnie Avery, the first wideout taken last year (by St. Louis), was 10-15 on most receiver rankings. He's working out quite nicely this year for a "reach".

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm not keen on Stafford being the next QB for Detroit, he reminds me too much of Harrington, overrated. if i'm drafting for Detroit, i'm going with Max Hall. Great Leader on the field and is a great player with so much to go for.

I'd like to see the Lions package the 1st round pick they are getting from Dallas along with maybe a 3rd and a rostered player and have 2 of the top 5 picks.

-Dan

-That would never happen... can you imagine the amount of money they will have to spend between 2 unproven rookies? having the #1 pick is hard enough on your salary cap.... plus, they have to stay under the rookie cap...

-And I think the Lions chances of drafting Stafford are slim to none. Signing Culpepper for 2 years (even though it is a club option for next year) is a testament to that. I think that they are finally smart enough to realize that you win through the offensive and defensive lines, so I expect them to take one of the LTs: Oher, Smith, or Monroe with the #1 pick (there is no way Monroe slips to #30...)

-Selvie is a nice pick up at #18, but I would rather have Orakpo... Orakpo = studmuffin, easily the most underrated player in this draft.

-Also, there is no way both of the MLBs (Laurinatis & Maualuga) last past pick 15. Both should be top 10 picks in my mind...

-You are overrating both Crabtree and especially Maclin. Both may be very good wide receivers, but neither one is in the Calvin Johnson-Braylon Edwards category of pure domination... Neither should be taken in the top half of the draft IMO....

- Michael Johnson = Grossly Overrated. Johnson has no motor, takes plays off, and gets by with just using his freakish athletic skills. Matthew Stafford is slightly behind him for most overrated player, IMO...

I'm not keen on Stafford being the next QB for Detroit, he reminds me too much of Harrington, overrated. if i'm drafting for Detroit, i'm going with Max Hall. Great Leader on the field and is a great player with so much to go for.

Stafford's probably the most pro-ready QB in college, as he plays in a pro-style offense. He'll be a lot farther ahead in the professional learning curve than spread QB's such as Tebow and Harrell, etc.

That said, Stafford needs to get more consistent before turning pro. Most likely though, he'll find it too difficult to turn down the big NFL money to return to Georgia. I'll be suprised if either he or Moreno come back next season....

Mock Draft 1.3

1-- DET - Andre Smith - OT - Alabama *

2-- CIN - Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC

3-- KC - Duke Robinson - OG - Oklahoma

4-- OAK - Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech *

5-- STL - Michael Oher - OT - Ole Miss

6-- SEA - Taylor Mays - S - USC *

7-- SF - Matthew Stafford - QB - Georgia *

8-- CLE - Brian Orakpo - DE - Texas

9-- HOU - Aaron Curry - OLB - Wake Forest

10- JAX - Vontae Davis - CB - Illinois *

11- NO - Malcolm Jenkins - CB - Ohio St.

12- GB - Greg Hardy - DE - Ole Miss *

13- SD - James Laurinatis - ILB - Ohio St.

14- IND - Jeremy Maclin - WR - Missouri *

15- MIA - William Moore - S - Missouri

16- BUF - Jermaine Grisham - TE - Oklahoma *

17- MIN - Sam Bradford - QB - Oklahoma *

18- DET (From DAL) - George Selvie - DE - South Florida *

19- DEN - Alex Mack - C - California

20- CHI - Herman Johnson - OG - LSU

21- PHI - Brandon Pettigrew - TE - Oklahoma St.

22- WAS - Brian Cushing - OLB - USC

23- NE - Chris "Beanie" Wells - RB - Ohio St. *

24- PIT - Eugene Monroe - OT - Virginia

25- TB - Alphonso Smith - CB - Wake Forest

26- ATL - Travis Beckum - TE - Wisconsin

27- BAL - Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - Maryland *

28- NYJ - Knowshon Moreno - RB - Georgia *

29- ARZ - Michael Johnson - DE - Georgia Tech

30- PHI (From CAR) - Patrick Chung - S - Oregon

31- NYG - Chase Coffman - TE - Missouri

32- TEN - Percy Harvin - WR - Florida *

comments or critiques welcome

First off, Stafford goes to Georgia, not Oklahoma.

Secondly, the Falcons' top priority is not TE. Record aside, the team is still in rebuilding mode. The Falcons will be drafting a lineman, either offensive or defensive. They're managing just fine with a TE that excels in blocking and catches a few balls now and then.

Also, I can't see Kansas City not drafting a QB in the first round. I imagine they'll be getting a new head coach, and said coach won't be thrilled to death with the likes of Croyle, Thigpen, and Huard....

Archived